How do you use the linter in production?

Thomas Horster

Jun 12, 2012, 2:59:51 AM6/12/12
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I am currently using the linter on a debian vm on windows 7 and would like to know if there is a better way to integrate it into my development cycles.
Is it possible for example to use it in Netbeans like JSLint or how are you using it atm?

Regards,

Tom

Guido Tapia

Jun 12, 2012, 8:20:37 PM6/12/12
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

The closure linter can be used 'live' in Sublime Text 2 (nice editor) using the SublimeLinter plugin.  However, I found this to be a bit too slow and laggy to work well. In all honesty the benefits of live highlighting based on the linter results was not worth the laggyness, so I'm just running my linter in a DOS batch file. My batch file basically does the following:

- Minifies CSS (Not GSS)
- Runs fixjsstyle
- Runs gjslint
- Runs the compiler

And a few other misc things, happy to share the batch file if you want to do this on windows.

Mark Dreyer

Jul 30, 2013, 9:07:24 PM7/30/13
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
WebStorm 6 (http://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/ ) has built in support for live Closure Linter feedback. Unfortunately, the IDE is not free, but you can try it for free.

Just set the path to the executable file in "Javascript -> Code Quality Tools -> Closure Linter" and it will highlight all your lint errors.

Cheers,
Mark

Javier Mendiara Cañardo

Aug 4, 2013, 9:45:00 AM8/4/13
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
I use a grunt[1] task called grunt-gjslint[2] that runs in node[3] and lints my code automatically on:
* Every time I save a file (via a helper "watch" on file change task)
* A pre-commit hook on my SCM tool (currently git family) that doesn't allow me to perform a commit unless it passes

I also execute unit test on both events

Cheers,
Javier

Nathan Naze

Aug 5, 2013, 2:10:49 PM8/5/13
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
> I am currently using the linter on a debian vm on windows 7 and would like to know if there is a better way to integrate it into my development cycles.

The linter is written in python and thus should be runnable in
windows. In Google, it's run almost exclusively in Linux, however.

Nathan