Re: Community Resource closureplease.com Started, Help Wanted

thanpolas

Apr 1, 2013, 6:31:50 AM4/1/13
to closure-lib...@googlegroups.com, closure-comp...@googlegroups.com, closure-lin...@googlegroups.com, closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas!

Yes, please send a pull request along with the description you'd like to add.

Re InteliJ IDEA i think it might be useful to focus solely on matters related to closure. There is an IDE section but it is for plugins specifically authored for the closure library. If you know of any please add them to the PR too!

Thanks :)

thanpolas

Mar 31, 2013, 2:18:55 PM3/31/13
to closure-lib...@googlegroups.com, closure-comp...@googlegroups.com, closure-lin...@googlegroups.com, closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

The community based closureplease.com has started. It is a resource for Closure Library and the whole Tools family.

The main objective is to make Closure Tools reachable to a wider audience by lowering the entry barrier and helping out new members. All the while being a complete resource for more advanced users, helping them connect and learn about new libraries.

We have done an initial sweep for tools and libraries built for and by the Closure Library, please talk to us if we missed anything.

We started an org in GH and would love your feedback on the closureplease.com issues list or any of the other closureplease projects.

One of the issues that I'd like some feedback, preferably from Google folks, is what to use as a Logo for Closure Tools / Library. Some initial ideas are being discussed in a GH issue but before we start making some noise i wanted to check-in with you.

Thank you and hope you find this interesting.

thanpolas

Apr 3, 2013, 7:52:19 AM4/3/13
to closure-lib...@googlegroups.com, closure-comp...@googlegroups.com, closure-lin...@googlegroups.com, closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fredrik!

Thank you for your nice words :)

Why haven't you published this as a stand alone project with documentation? It looks very interesting and it might be difficult for new comers to get up to speed... I know of a few guys that are trying to work with modules loaders and this can be really useful to them!

Please feel free to send a pull request when you are ready to publish.

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:31:56 PM UTC+3, Fredrik Blomqvist wrote:
Nice initiative!

Perhaps my "modulebuilder.py" script could be of interest?
https://github.com/blq/mochikit/blob/master/scripts/Closure/bin/build/modulebuilder.py

I posted about it earlier here also:
--
Essentially it uses the same cmd-line as closurebuilder.py except there's no individual file references, i.e
the "--js" flag is removed in favor of "--module", module only input.

Regards
/ Fredrik Blomqvist

Dimitris Vardoulakis

Apr 8, 2013, 1:27:33 PM4/8/13
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com, closure-lib...@googlegroups.com, closure-lin...@googlegroups.com, closure-temp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thanasi, closureplease is a nice effort, thanks for doing this!

Sorry for replying late, we wanted to ask internally about the use of the logo. Any of the modified logos on the github page are fine (the ones that use the same colors as the Closure logo, but not the exact same shape).