Is Linter the "MainStream" style checker for JavaScript?

Michael Cooper

Feb 3, 2014, 4:53:11 PM2/3/14
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
I don't want to sign up for a dead end.  Just wondering if there are plans to replace it?

I've moved completely to Angular development and it would seem some mods to accommodate and enforce good style might be in order.

--mike

Andy Perelson

Feb 10, 2014, 2:01:18 PM2/10/14
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

I don't know of any plans to replace the Closure Linter, but it also is not under substantial active development as it is maintained solely via the 20% efforts of Googlers.

Andy

Tyler Breisacher

Feb 10, 2014, 2:10:31 PM2/10/14
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
We ran into an issue recently (https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=338301) which sparked some discussion internally. The suggestion came up of writing a new linter that was built on the JS Compiler's AST, but as Andy says, the linter is maintained in 20% time so I don't expect anyone will have time for such a project anytime soon, unfortunately.