Linter output in XML for Hudson?

VLi

Nov 8, 2010, 2:41:08 AM11/8/10
to Closure Linter Discuss
We are setting up Hudson CI and seems that Hudson needs XML output
from Closure Linter. Do you know how to do that - some handy converter
existing?

Andy Perelson

Nov 8, 2010, 11:32:35 PM11/8/10
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
There is currently no way to get XML output from the Closure Linter, and I'm not sure exactly what form (schema) you'd need for your XML output. You could file an enhancement request, but it'd be a low priority. If you wanted to modify your checked out version of the Closure Linter (even if we aren't currently accepting contributions back) you would just need to implement a custom error handler and use it when running gjslint. I haven't tried to work with XML in Python before, but there are probably good libraries out there that would make this pretty easy.

Thanks,

Andy

John Mitchell

Oct 30, 2012, 7:43:12 AM10/30/12
to closure-lin...@googlegroups.com
I know this is resurrecting a very old post!

I also wanted to run gjslint in a Jenkins CI and needed output in jslint's XML format so I wrote this quick and dirty parser to take the log output and convert it to XML (also stripping line length errors).

It's not in any way properly tested but is working for my project.