ErrorReporter

ry...@derivita.com

Jul 20, 2018, 11:48:45 AM7/20/18
to Closure Library Discuss
I'm looking at the ErrorReporter class and wondering why it only uses onerror for IE. Is there information that's lost in onerror vs the catch style?
I'm using custom elements, and I'm not sure how to use the entry point registry for with a custom element.

John Lenz

Jul 20, 2018, 12:04:58 PM7/20/18
to Closure Library Discuss
It has been a long time since I looked at this but it used to be that you could not use "onerror" if you wanted stack traces so onerror was only used when you couldn't get a stack trace anyway. (Error's stack property is not part of the language spec and older versions of IE didn't support it).