cloog (from git) build fails under Ubuntu 13.04

Fausto Saporito

Aug 9, 2013, 2:59:20 AM8/9/13
to cl...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm trying to build cloog (download from git repo).
I have a problem with autogen.sh :

configure.ac:28: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
configure.ac:24: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:24: installing './config.sub'
configure.ac:4: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:4: installing './missing'
Makefile.am:35: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
Makefile.am:10: error: Libtool library used but 'LIBTOOL' is undefined
Makefile.am:10:   The usual way to define 'LIBTOOL' is to add 'LT_INIT'
Makefile.am:10:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'aclocal' and 'autoconf' again.
Makefile.am:10:   If 'LT_INIT' is in 'configure.ac', make sure
Makefile.am:10:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
parallel-tests: installing './test-driver'
interface/Makefile.am:8: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

I have all the tools installed:

autoreconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
License GPLv3+/Autoconf: GNU GPL version 3 or later

automake (GNU automake) 1.13.3
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <go...@gnu.ai.mit.edu>, 1996

Is there some particular version to use ?

thanks,
Fausto

Cédric Bastoul

Oct 4, 2013, 2:40:58 AM10/4/13
to Fausto Saporito, CLooG
Dear Fausto,
thanks for reporting and sorry for the late reply. We pushed some
patches which should solve the problem. I tested it on a fresh install
of Ubuntu 13.04 and it works. Let us know if you still have some
problems with your setting,
best,

Cedric
> --