cloog release compatible with isl 0.18?

Matthias Klose

Jan 5, 2017, 1:27:02 PM1/5/17
to cloog-de...@googlegroups.com, tob...@grosser.es, Sebastian Pop
isl-0.18 removed the symbol isl_basic_map_partial_lexopt_pw_multi_aff, needed by
cloog 0.18.4. Is there a 0.18.5 release planned?

Thanks, Matthias

Tobias Grosser

Jan 5, 2017, 3:12:30 PM1/5/17
to Matthias Klose, cloog-de...@googlegroups.com, Sebastian Pop, Sven Verdoolaege
Hi Matthias,

I just looked into this and cannot find this symbol used in CLooG
0.18.4.

$ cd $CLOOG
$git log HEAD^..HEAD
commit 001fa4fb0b33fdf883c2315af3e04ab404223cfa
Author: Cedric Bastoul <cedric....@unistra.fr>
Date: Mon Jul 27 14:05:13 2015 +0200

CLooG 0.18.4
$grep -R isl_basic_map_partial_lexopt_pw_multi_aff *$

I also cannot find this symbol ever being exported by isl.

$ cd $ISL
$git checkout isl-0.18
M imath
Previous HEAD position was 0b4256f... isl_map_coalesce: harmonize
integer divisions in stride constraints
HEAD is now at 362c91b... isl 0.18
$git log -p include/ | grep isl_basic_map_partial_lexopt_pw_multi_aff
$

In general Sven is trying hard to not drop symbols from isl just like
this.

Best,
Tobias

Cédric Bastoul

Jan 6, 2017, 11:03:53 AM1/6/17
to Alexander Zinenko, Schmitt Maxime, cloog-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
thanks and yes the new testing framework should catch it. I'm asking Maxime who developed it. It's time to include it in a release.
++

Cedric

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Alexander Zinenko <fty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Cédric,

I checked the test output, the differences are due to some subtle change in isl resulting in a different order of constraints, again.
Example of differences  if((c1+c2)%2 == 0) if((c1+c3)%2 == 0)  transformed into if((c1+c2)%2==0) if ((c2+c3)%2==0)  : both conditions actually mean the same thing, the parity of c1,c2,c3 is the same, the remaining pair is covered transitively.
Can your new testing framework catch these ?

++
Alex

On 6 January 2017 at 14:37, Alexander Zinenko <fty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Matthias and Tobias,

CLooG 0.18.4 seems to compile and link normally against isl 0.18.  It does use deprecated functions, but they are still available.  There are several failing tests, though (darte.c, darte.f, tang-xue1.c, jacobi-shared.c, otl.c, stride.c).

Cheers,
Alex

Oleksandr Zinenko, PhD
Inria / Ecole Normale Supérieure

--
Oleksandr Zinenko, PhD
Inria / Ecole Normale Supérieure

Matthias Klose

Jan 7, 2017, 5:56:36 AM1/7/17
to Alexander Zinenko, Tobias Grosser, cloog-de...@googlegroups.com, Sebastian Pop, Sven Verdoolaege
Thanks for the replies. Yes, cloog still builds using 0.18, I was confused by
the one dropped (internal) symbol.

Thanks, Matthias