ANN: ClojureScript 1.10.516

David Nolen

Jan 31, 2019, 3:02:43 PM1/31/19
to clojure, clojur...@googlegroups.com
ClojureScript, the Clojure compiler that emits JavaScript source code.

Please refer to the announce post for the details:

As always, feedback welcome!

Khalid Jebbari

Jan 31, 2019, 11:54:13 PM1/31/19
to ClojureScript
Congrats David and all contributors!

Not a feedback but a question: does the new type inference have an influence on the generated JS code ? Can it make bundles smaller ?

Thomas Heller

Feb 1, 2019, 5:06:49 AM2/1/19
to ClojureScript

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 5:54:13 AM UTC+1, Khalid Jebbari wrote:

Can it make bundles smaller ?

Yes in theory, but only by a very small fraction. The cljs.core/str macro may emit less code in certain situations for example but after :advanced optimizations the difference will be very small. So I wouldn't expect any substantial reductions overall, it is mostly about the compile time warnings.

Khalid Jebbari

Feb 1, 2019, 6:57:42 AM2/1/19
to ClojureScript
I get it. Maybe in the future the type inference could inform the Closure Compiler of the types, so that it could emit smaller code ? Really curious about it.

Alan Thompson

Feb 13, 2019, 12:59:02 PM2/13/19
to ClojureScript
Getting a build failure on CLJS 1.10.516   that works fine on CLJS 1.10.416.  Please see  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/clojurescript/PQL4DnzSO4A