Clojurists Together wants to fund you to work on your open source Clojure project from May-July 2020

Daniel Compton

Apr 3, 2020, 3:37:51 AM4/3/20
to Clojure List, ClojureScript
Hi folks

Clojurists Together is about to award another round of funding to support open source Clojure projects. Applications close on Thursday, April 9th at 11:59pm PST.

Clojurists Together is an organisation, dedicated to funding and supporting open source software, infrastructure, and documentation that is important to the Clojure and ClojureScript community.

We plan to fund four projects at $3,000 USD/month for 3 months ($9,000 USD total).

Previously we have supported projects like Neanderthal, Aleph, Fireplace, cljdoc, Shadow CLJS, CIDER, Figwheel, clj-http and several more.

We surveyed our members recently and asked them what they wanted us to focus on.

The main things our members were interested in:
  • Error messages
  • Documentation
  • Developer experience tools
  • Build tooling
  • IDE support
  • Test tooling
  • Linters
  • Profilers
  • Data analysis/processing frameworks
If you work on any of these kinds of projects, please look at applying for funding.

Figwheel, clj-kondo, Kaocha, Reitit, Shadow CLJS, re-frame, Aleph, Manifold, Calva, Cloverage, Chlorine, Conjure, Malli, clj-goes-fast were all projects mentioned that our members were interested in supporting.

We encourage open source maintainers to apply for funding, especially if you work on one of the projects or areas that our members highlighted.

If you work at a company that uses Clojure, talk to your engineering manager about supporting Clojurists Together. We've been able to support projects thanks to the generosity of our developer and company members. The more support we have, the more that we can do to improve things for the entire Clojure community.

Thanks, Daniel.

Daniel Compton

Apr 22, 2020, 11:34:00 PM4/22/20
to Clojure List, ClojureScript
Hi folks

I'm happy to announce that this quarter Clojurists Together (with the help of our members) are supporting re-frame with Isaac Johnston, Practicalli with John Stevenson, CIDER/nREPL/Orchard with Bozhidar Batsov, and Figwheel with Bruce Hauman.

Thanks to all of our members for your support, we couldn't do it without you.

Daniel and the Clojurists Together committee