Documentation for 3rd-party Clojure libraries

Shantanu Kumar

Sep 5, 2010, 3:10:20 AM9/5/10
to ClojureDocs.org Discussion Group
Hi,

Ref: Discussion on Clojure list about lack of documentation for 3rd-
party libraries -- http://goo.gl/OLa2

I can see some Clojure libraries are listed on the ClojureDocs
website. What is the way to add a new library? I want to add entries
for the following:

SQLRat: http://bitbucket.org/kumarshantanu/sqlrat
Clj-StringTemplate: http://bitbucket.org/kumarshantanu/clj-stringtemplate

My another question is -- Is ClojureDocs [Examples] section the
appropriate place for documenting non-trivial examples? If not, please
consider this as a feature request to enable such a thing. Maybe one
should be able to embed gist.github.com links.

Regards,
Shantanu

Shantanu Kumar

Sep 5, 2010, 3:33:59 AM9/5/10
to ClojureDocs.org Discussion Group
Another idea (just food for thought) is to create a browse'able/
searchable list of libraries (a library may fall under multiple
categories, so "search by category" may be a good option).

Regards,
Shantanu

On Sep 5, 12:10 pm, Shantanu Kumar <kumar.shant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ref: Discussion on Clojure list about lack of documentation for 3rd-
> party libraries --http://goo.gl/OLa2

Shantanu Kumar

Sep 5, 2010, 4:05:42 AM9/5/10
to ClojureDocs.org Discussion Group
Yet another feature request -- to add Maven/Clojars repository link
for libraries. A tabular list segregated by versions would be nice.
The idea is towards building up ClojureDocs into a one-stop shop for
common Clojure information.

Regards,
Shantanu

Zachary Kim

Sep 6, 2010, 8:47:51 PM9/6/10
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shantanu-

Thanks for the suggestions.

We're holding off on providing 3rd party support until the feature set
supporting core and contrib solidifies (outlined here:
http://groups.google.com/group/clojuredocsorg/browse_thread/thread/af7edbf85a6607c4).

Non trivial examples are something I've been thinking about for a bit
now, specifically how would this feature present itself on the site,
how should categorization be handled, ownership (should the library
owner be able to admin non-trivial examples), etc. I'd like to tackle
these issues after the (in my mind) more pressing issues of
versioning, examples formatting guide, and API integration. I've
added this suggestion to the UserVoice forum
(http://clojuredocs.uservoice.com/forums/64757-general/suggestions/1040527-non-trivial-examples-section?ref=title)

As for the maven / clojars repo link, I think this should probably be
handled by the lib websites, for which a link is provided on the
respective ClojureDocs lib pages. On a similar note, when we do get
to 3rd-party lib support I'd like to follow github's lead and display
lib readmes on those pages.