repl is disconnecting me

LAWRENCE DEVOOGHT

Aug 27, 2015, 1:03:58 AM8/27/15
to counterclockwise-users
hi,

Since my last posting about this problem I have switched to Eclipse Mars and installed the latest CCW 0.34.0 but this has not fixed the problem.

The repl disconnects at arbitrary times. It could be after I re-evaluate a function, when I leave the application for some period of time, or while I am editing an application. There does not seem to be a pattern or an instigation.

Is anyone else having this problem?

//devo

Laurent PETIT

Aug 28, 2015, 4:08:36 AM8/28/15
to clojuredev-users
Hello Lawrence,

I'm sorry to hear you still have the issue.

Can you give more precision on your environment please :
- java version / provider
- OS name / version

Have you tried to disable the `cider-nrepl` preference in Window > Preferences > Clojure > General ?

I really suspect that it's the introduction of this dependency which results in this problem, since I have sporadically also encountered what you describe (but apparently not at the same annoying frequency) since I introduced this `cider-nrepl` option.

Of course, the `arbitrary` nature of the issue will make it real hard to track and remove, but if at least things are working again for you (and potentially a whole class of users) without `cider-nrepl` enable, that would be a start!

Laurent Petit

LAWRENCE DEVOOGHT

Aug 29, 2015, 10:02:42 PM8/29/15
to counterclockwise-users
Hello Laurent,

It appears, so far, that your "disable the `cider-nrepl`" has solved the problem.

Thank you for your prompt and courteous reply.

//Lawrence