Counterclockwise REPL broken in 1.9 alpha

Mark Engelberg

Sep 29, 2016, 8:52:20 AM9/29/16
to counterclockwise-users
Appears to be due to Clojure's spec now rejecting sets and requiring a vector for :keys in map destructuring.  See thread here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/clojure/QWPUWG9BwbE

Mark Engelberg

Oct 11, 2016, 5:01:42 AM10/11/16
to counterclockwise-users
On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 5:52:20 AM UTC-7, Mark Engelberg wrote:Appears to be due to Clojure's spec now rejecting sets and requiring a vector for :keys in map destructuring.  See thread here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/clojure/QWPUWG9BwbE
---------

The fix you posted last week for this hasn't shown up in my updates yet.  Is this to be expected, or is there something wrong with the update process in my version of Eclipse?  The reason I am concerned is that each time I try to update, I get the message,
"Some sites could not be found.  See the error log for more detail.
Unable to connect to repository http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates/content.xml
Connection timed out: connect
Communication with repository at http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/ failed.
Read timed out"

Also, in the past few days I'm running into a problem where Counterclockwise isn't getting auto-completion info from the running REPL session.  Everything *works* in the REPL, and I can send code to it and evaluate expressions in it, but when I work in the editor I get no pop-ups and there's a red message at the bottom that says "No info found - You might need a running REPL to show the documentation".  Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks.

Mark Engelberg

Dec 5, 2016, 11:48:43 AM12/5/16
to counterclockwise-users
I'm still unable to work with 1.9 from Counterclockwise.  It appears that my Eclipse has never found the update.  Every time I run to check for updates, it finds nothing, reporting this error:
No repository found at http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.5milestones/.

What is the method for getting the latest version of the counterclockwise plugin?

Mark Engelberg

Dec 12, 2016, 1:05:08 AM12/12/16
to counterclockwise-users
Has anyone successfully gotten a 1.9 REPL running in Counterclockwise?  I did a fresh install of the standalone counterclockwise, but the REPL never launches and times out on Clojure 1.9 projects, but works fine on 1.8.

Christophe Grand

Dec 12, 2016, 6:27:31 AM12/12/16
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
CCW 0.35.1 should be now available both on stable and betas update sites.
I just tested it against Clojure 1.9.0-alpha14.

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Mark Engelberg <mark.en...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone successfully gotten a 1.9 REPL running in Counterclockwise?  I did a fresh install of the standalone counterclockwise, but the REPL never launches and times out on Clojure 1.9 projects, but works fine on 1.8.

On Clojure http://clj-me.cgrand.net/
Clojure Programming http://clojurebook.com
Training, Consulting & Contracting http://lambdanext.eu/

Luc Préfontaine

Dec 12, 2016, 6:28:22 AM12/12/16
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Yes and no,

I tried in a project but hit problems with spec conformance in a library (bad ns clause).
As far as I can remember the REPL started but since the compilation failed I did not
pursue on that path.

No time to toy with this presently, maybe around xmas I'll get back to it.

Did you try to create a Clojure project or did you equipped a Java project with the
required machinery afterward ?

Luc P.
Sent from my iPad

On Dec 12, 2016, at 06:05, Mark Engelberg <mark.en...@gmail.com> wrote:

Has anyone successfully gotten a 1.9 REPL running in Counterclockwise?  I did a fresh install of the standalone counterclockwise, but the REPL never launches and times out on Clojure 1.9 projects, but works fine on 1.8.

Christophe Grand

Dec 12, 2016, 6:33:25 AM12/12/16
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luc,

Weeks ago Laurent did the required changes (spec conformance) but the CI had hiccups (a deps has intermitent availability of its own update site).
The CI issue has been resolved and Laurent walked me through cutting a new version.

So what I meant by "CCW 0.35.1 should be now available" is that I made it available like 5 minutes ago.
Or are you using your own build?

Christophe

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Luc Préfontaine <lprefo...@softaddicts.ca> wrote:
Yes and no,

I tried in a project but hit problems with spec conformance in a library (bad ns clause).
As far as I can remember the REPL started but since the compilation failed I did not
pursue on that path.

No time to toy with this presently, maybe around xmas I'll get back to it.

Did you try to create a Clojure project or did you equipped a Java project with the
required machinery afterward ?

Luc P.
Sent from my iPad

On Dec 12, 2016, at 06:05, Mark Engelberg <mark.en...@gmail.com> wrote:

Has anyone successfully gotten a 1.9 REPL running in Counterclockwise?  I did a fresh install of the standalone counterclockwise, but the REPL never launches and times out on Clojure 1.9 projects, but works fine on 1.8.

Luc Préfontaine

Dec 12, 2016, 7:06:36 AM12/12/16
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Nope, tweaked an existing project by changing dependencies, project setups, etc...
Again can't remember much details about it, I worked on this late in the evening
and just turned the page when I hit the spec issue.

😬 age is taking it's toll...

Sent from my iPad
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to clojuredev-use...@googlegroups.com.

Mark Engelberg

Dec 12, 2016, 12:49:53 PM12/12/16
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
It's working for me now.  Thanks for cutting the new release!

Mark Engelberg

Feb 11, 2017, 6:58:51 AM2/11/17
to counterclockwise-users
Ever since this update, I haven't been getting auto-complete or tooltips showing the docs, either in the source window or the repl window.  At the bottom of the window, I see in red letters the message "No info found - You might need a running REPL to show the documentation." even when I have a REPL running.

Anyone else having this problem?

Christophe Grand

Feb 11, 2017, 9:06:42 AM2/11/17
to clojured...@googlegroups.com