Path issue?

Paul Butcher

Oct 5, 2014, 5:14:31 AM10/5/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
I'm a relative Eclipse newbie, working on a ClojureScript project with CCW. I'm using phantomjs to run tests. When I run "lein cljsbuild test" in CCW, I get:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "phantomjs": error=2, No such file or directory

I have phantomjs in /usr/local/bin (installed via Homebrew), and /usr/local/bin is added to the path in .bash_profile. I guess that Eclipse isn't picking this up - how should I ensure that it does?

Thanks in advance,

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donington Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
Skype: paulrabutcher

Author of Seven Concurrency Models in Seven Weeks: When Threads Unravel

Laurent PETIT

Oct 5, 2014, 7:20:30 AM10/5/14
to clojuredev-users
Hello,

Is it a project you can share on github, or at least share a stripped down version of it but still with the problem?
It would take me a lot of time to try to reproduce your setup otherwise.

Cheers,

--
Laurent

Laurent Petit

Paul Butcher

Oct 5, 2014, 7:59:08 AM10/5/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com, Laurent PETIT

On 5 October 2014 at 12:20:31, Laurent PETIT (lauren...@gmail.com) wrote:

Is it a project you can share on github, or at least share a stripped down version of it but still with the problem?

No problem Laurent:

When I run "lein cljsbuild test" from the command line, I see:

pauls-mbp:ccw-issue paulbutcher$ lein cljsbuild test

Compiling ClojureScript.

Running ClojureScript test: unit-tests

Testing annotator.test.test-core

Ran 1 tests containing 1 assertions.

Testing complete: 0 failures, 0 errors.

Ran 1 tests containing 1 assertions.

Testing complete: 0 failures, 0 errors.

When I do the same within Eclipse/CCW, I get:

Compiling ClojureScript.

Running ClojureScript test: unit-tests

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "phantomjs": error=2, No such file or directory

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1042)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:485)

at clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeMatchingMethod(Reflector.java:93)

at clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeInstanceMethod(Reflector.java:28)

at cljsbuild.util$process_start.invoke(util.clj:76)

at cljsbuild.util$sh.invoke(util.clj:86)

at cljsbuild.test$run_tests$iter__169__173$fn__174.invoke(test.clj:18)

at clojure.lang.LazySeq.sval(LazySeq.java:40)

at clojure.lang.LazySeq.seq(LazySeq.java:49)

at clojure.lang.RT.seq(RT.java:484)

at clojure.core$seq.invoke(core.clj:133)

at clojure.core$dorun.invoke(core.clj:2855)

at clojure.core$doall.invoke(core.clj:2871)

at cljsbuild.test$run_tests.invoke(test.clj:15)

at user$eval13.invoke(form-init5798324252555871699.clj:1)

at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6703)

at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6693)

at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:6693)

at clojure.lang.Compiler.load(Compiler.java:7130)

at clojure.lang.Compiler.loadFile(Compiler.java:7086)

at clojure.main$load_script.invoke(main.clj:274)

at clojure.main$init_opt.invoke(main.clj:279)

at clojure.main$initialize.invoke(main.clj:307)

at clojure.main$null_opt.invoke(main.clj:342)

at clojure.main$main.doInvoke(main.clj:420)

at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:421)

at clojure.lang.Var.invoke(Var.java:383)

at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:156)

at clojure.lang.Var.applyTo(Var.java:700)

at clojure.main.main(main.java:37)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)

at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:185)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1023)

... 34 more

Subprocess failed

Laurent PETIT

Oct 9, 2014, 7:31:00 PM10/9/14
to clojuredev-users
I also get this error.

Did not find yet why this is happening. Working on it

Laurent Petit

Paul Butcher

Oct 9, 2014, 7:31:57 PM10/9/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com, Laurent PETIT
Thanks for the update, Laurent - much appreciated.

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donington Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
Skype: paulrabutcher

Author of Seven Concurrency Models in Seven Weeks: When Threads Unravel

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "counterclockwise-users" group.

Laurent PETIT

Nov 6, 2014, 6:58:14 AM11/6/14
to Paul Butcher, clojuredev-users
Arrgh, everytime an issue is reported on mailing list, there is the risk that I lose sight of it if it's not created and synthetized as a real issue in the issue tracker at some point.

I'll be more careful asking people to create an issue when it has been sufficiently debated on the mailing-list.

Please feel free to synthetize / complete it, it can only help me be more productive when I'm back on it.

Cheers,

--
Laurent Petit

laurent.petit

Nov 12, 2014, 5:20:49 PM11/12/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com, pa...@paulbutcher.com
Seems like it's a known issue with environment variables in OS X Apps not launched via a Terminal/Shell:

Still pondering what the right answer to this should be:
a. an entry in the FAQ?
b. trying to launch Leiningen through /usr/bin/bash on OS X, so that .bashrc & all is honored?
c. just add a PATH environment variable containing /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin on OS X?

a. : I don't like it. I would like CCW to "just work". Not have the user RTFM.
b. : seems quite good. Just need to understand how to check for OS X from Eclipse (there's probably an API for that). Any drawback I haven't foreseen?

What won't work anymore with b. or c. is that if the user explicitly started Eclipse or CCW from a Terminal, maybe setting some ENV variable before launching, then these ENV variables values may be reverted back to their value in .bashrc ... Holy sh**t !

What do you think?

Laurent Petit

Laurent Petit

Paul Butcher

Nov 13, 2014, 6:30:44 AM11/13/14
to laurent.petit, clojured...@googlegroups.com
Eugh! I had no idea that this was so nasty :-(

I know that some people don't use Bash—several people I know use tcsh, for example.

How does CCW find Leiningen as things currently stand?

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donington Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
Skype: paulrabutcher

Author of Seven Concurrency Models in Seven Weeks: When Threads Unravel

Laurent PETIT

Nov 13, 2014, 6:34:01 AM11/13/14
to Paul Butcher, clojured...@googlegroups.com

Le jeudi 13 novembre 2014, Paul Butcher <pa...@paulbutcher.com> a écrit :
Eugh! I had no idea that this was so nasty :-(

I know that some people don't use Bash—several people I know use tcsh, for example.

How does CCW find Leiningen as things currently stand?

CCW embeds a full Leiningen version :-)
--
Laurent Petit

Paul Butcher

Nov 13, 2014, 6:39:42 AM11/13/14
to Laurent PETIT, clojured...@googlegroups.com
Ah - I worried that that might be the case.

That's suboptimal too—right now, for example, my project cannot compile with Leiningen 2.5.0 thanks to this bug:

I don't know which version of Leiningen is included within CCW, but presumably at some point it will be updated to 2.5.0 and my project will break :-(

--
paul.butcher->msgCount++

Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donington Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?

http://www.paulbutcher.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulbutcher
Skype: paulrabutcher

Author of Seven Concurrency Models in Seven Weeks: When Threads Unravel

Laurent Petit

Laurent Petit

--
Laurent Petit

Laurent PETIT

Nov 13, 2014, 8:52:25 AM11/13/14
to Paul Butcher, clojured...@googlegroups.com
2 additional questions / information:

1/ nREPL URL

FYI, what CCW issues to the console is the following text:

nREPL server started on port 58234 on host 127.0.0.1 - nrepl://127.0.0.1:58234

and what Leiningen issues to the console is similar:

nREPL server started on port 58255 on host 127.0.0.1 - nrepl://127.0.0.1:58255

Would it be possible to have the same in clojuresque?

2/ CCW auto-completion

To enable it when launched via Gradle build, one needs to:

a) add a development dependency:  (available on clojars)

    development "ccw:ccw.server:0.1.1"

b) manually (or via a clojuresque setting?) require ccw.debug.serverrepl namespace:

(require '[ccw.debug.serverrepl])

--
Laurent Petit

Meikel Brandmeyer

Nov 17, 2014, 9:51:13 AM11/17/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Salut Laurent,

Am Donnerstag, 13. November 2014 14:52:25 UTC+1 schrieb laurent.petit:
FYI, what CCW issues to the console is the following text:

nREPL server started on port 58234 on host 127.0.0.1 - nrepl://127.0.0.1:58234

and what Leiningen issues to the console is similar:

nREPL server started on port 58255 on host 127.0.0.1 - nrepl://127.0.0.1:58255

Would it be possible to have the same in clojuresque?

Yes. I can change that to the sort-of standard text. The URL was not clickable for me, though.

2/ CCW auto-completion

To enable it when launched via Gradle build, one needs to:

a) add a development dependency:  (available on clojars)

    development "ccw:ccw.server:0.1.1"

b) manually (or via a clojuresque setting?) require ccw.debug.serverrepl namespace:

(require '[ccw.debug.serverrepl])

 Yes. I will add that possibility to. (Would need also for redl) (So far it is possible, but needs too much jambowambo.)

Meikel

Laurent PETIT

Nov 17, 2014, 10:53:16 AM11/17/14
to clojuredev-users
That would be awesome !

Laurent Petit

Laurent PETIT

Nov 20, 2014, 11:53:34 AM11/20/14
to clojuredev-users
Ping me if you need help to test or whatever

Laurent Petit

laurent.petit

Dec 4, 2014, 10:25:27 AM12/4/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com, pa...@paulbutcher.com
I've started working on the issue. Please follow the issue link to see what I intend to do, and comment if you think I'm following the wrong path or missing the point, etc.

Le jeudi 6 novembre 2014 12:58:14 UTC+1, laurent.petit a écrit :

Laurent Petit

Laurent Petit

laurent.petit

Jul 30, 2015, 1:29:54 PM7/30/15
to counterclockwise-users, lauren...@gmail.com, pa...@paulbutcher.com, lauren...@gmail.com
FYI, I finally found a way to fix this issue in OS X with $PATH not containing /usr/local/bin

Will be delivered in the next release of Counterclockwise.

Regards
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to clojuredev-use...@googlegroups.com.

Laurent Petit

Laurent Petit