Leiningen Managed Dependencies issue: Failed to collect dependencies for clojure

shir

Mar 27, 2014, 1:08:25 PM3/27/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am new to eclipse and Clogure, So please if you can help me and explain for me what to do
Every time I open new clojure project I have this Error:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Leiningen Managed Dependencies issue: problem resolving following dependencies:
Failed to collect dependencies for [Dependency org.clojure:clojure:jar:1.5.1 (compile) Dependency org.clojure:tools.nrepl:jar:0.2.3 (compile) Dependency clojure-complete:clojure-complete:jar:0.2.3 (compile)] project.clj /a line 1 Leiningen Classpath Container

What us the minnig of the error? and what need I to do?

Thank you
Shir

Laurent PETIT

Mar 27, 2014, 2:04:33 PM3/27/14
to clojuredev-users
Hello,

Are you behind a proxy?

If so, this may be the cause of the problem.

You can try setting the proxy variables required by leiningen, and ensure that they are correctly set/exported in the context of the start of your Eclipse / Counterclockwise instance:

Please tell us back if this makes sense / works you for,

Cheers,

--
Laurent

shir

Mar 27, 2014, 4:27:52 PM3/27/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, if you can please explain what is the meaning of proxy here, and how to check if I behind a proxy.
Thank you

Laurent PETIT

Mar 27, 2014, 5:23:39 PM3/27/14
to clojuredev-users
Well, no, I invite you to search google for "HTTP proxy" you'll find plenty of explanation there.

shir

Mar 28, 2014, 7:02:29 AM3/28/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
I checked it. I am not behind a proxy.
So what can be if then?
Thanks for answering  me

Laurent PETIT

Mar 28, 2014, 7:38:09 AM3/28/14
to clojuredev-users
Can you send the content of your workspace's .metadata/.log file ? Maybe it could help me figure out what's happening ...

shir

Mar 28, 2014, 7:50:55 AM3/28/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com

I attached the log file.
(Comment: I tried to create projects and I delete them/. Now only the project name c is avilable.)
Thank

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:08:25 PM UTC+2, shir wrote:
.log

Laurent PETIT

Mar 28, 2014, 9:08:16 AM3/28/14
to clojuredev-users
Hello,

it's a bit hard to read the logs.
Could you do the following please:

- delete all projects
- close Eclipse
- delete the .log file
- reopen eclipse, create one new project, make the error happen
- close eclipse

send the .log file for this interaction only

Thanks in advance,

--
laurent

shir

Mar 30, 2014, 5:01:44 PM3/30/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I tried to install everything again on another computer, but still, the same problem.
The new log file is attached.
Beside, I figure out that I can't connect to the Repl.
When I try to open the repl cmd it shut down immediately.
And when i tried to connect via the eclipse the url is wrong.

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:08:25 PM UTC+2, shir wrote:
.log

François Rey

Mar 30, 2014, 5:18:28 PM3/30/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
A quick look at your eclipse log makes me wonder a few things:

François Rey

Mar 30, 2014, 5:38:27 PM3/30/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
On 30/03/14 23:18, François Rey wrote:
You're using Java 8, which isn't completely supported by Eclipse 4.3.2 unless you follow this article. This may be the cause of the following so try to fix this first.
Actually one must make a distinction between running Eclipse using Java 8 and Eclipse support for developing programs to be run on Java 8. The article I pointed at talks about the latter, and I can't find a quick reference upon running Eclipse with jdk8. I don't know if it's an issue, but to be on the safe side I would keep away from java 8 for now and use java 7 and see if the bug still occurs. Once that problem is resolved you may want to try again with java 8.

François Rey

Mar 31, 2014, 12:45:42 PM3/31/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
On 31/03/14 18:10, shir wrote:
I installed on 2 computer : one with java 8 and one with java7. That's not the reason.
 I changed the 8 to 7.
I don't need git. so why do I need to set the home variable?
I don't have firewall and my computer can reach to the link above.

The error still appeared.

I think not having the HOME environment variable is a problem, it's not just git that needs it but many software component that store user configuration based on that environment variable. In particular Leiningen uses the local maven repository which is normally a directory names .m2 located under your user home directory. That's where it looks for dependencies and if not there it tries to download them. Set your HOME environment variable correctly first, and see how it goes.

If that does not solve the issue, then I'm not sure what would. Make sure Eclipse can access internet by running a search in the Eclipse Marketplace (Help menu)...

François Rey

Mar 31, 2014, 3:39:19 PM3/31/14
to clojured...@googlegroups.com
On the clojure list there is some report of clojars (repo used by leiningen to retrieve dependencies) was down.
So that may be the reason for your connectivity problems.
I'll still make sure HOME is set properly though...

Laurent PETIT

Apr 3, 2014, 4:54:33 AM4/3/14
to clojuredev-users
I suppose you're on Windows.

Your connectivity problems could also be explained if the first time you had launched a java related program, you had rejected the possibility that the jvm connects to internet, thus explicitly adding a rule in the firewall that java programs cannot use the network.

Did you install eclipse and then install counterclockwise via the software update site or via the Eclipse Market place menu, or did you download Counterclockwise standalone zip, unzip it and start from there ?

If so, you could check internet connectivity from Eclipse itself by going to Help > Check for Updates, and see if there are connection errors trying to check the different repositories for software updates.

Nicolas Diaz Aragon

Apr 8, 2017, 8:40:08 AM4/8/17
to counterclockwise-users
How can I fix this?
Using a local mvn repo, I am getting the same issue on OS X. The error shows up under my project.clj file.
Starting REPL, I confirmed loading the dependencies reported as "failed to load" by counterclockwise.
Thank you