Clojure-Asia May 2022 Online Meetup

Clojure Asia

May 8, 2022, 7:36:43 AM5/8/22
to Clojure
Hello my fellow Clojurians! :) We will be having another Clojure-Asia Online Meetup for the month of May! About 2 weeks from now!

We will be having a talk by Nick McAvoy titled "Betting Our Startup on Clojure: An Experience Report".

Briefly:
Nick expects to present an experience report on using Clojure at his startup for the past three years, growing from one team of 3 backend engineers to 3 teams of about 15 backend engineers.

The talk will be followed by QnA/discussion. Hope to see you there! :D

Meeting Details:
Date: 21sh May 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 1330-1500 SGT (0530-0700 UTC)
Location: Jitsi (Easy to setup open source video conferencing) (will email the link in time)

Contact Info:
Email: clojur...@gmail.com
Slack/Telegram: @zackteo

Please fill up the form here:
https://forms.gle/7LxzoLydQcYxJeut7

Also:
Do join us on the #clojure-asia channel in the Clojurian Slack: https://clojurians.slack.com/archives/C02N2TTDVT5

Here's the google calendar link for planned Clojure-Asia Meetups in 2022 (every 3rd Saturday of the month): https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=OWRtcjQ5Z29ybmNydjNna3FoZWoxdWRhczRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

Best Regards,
Zachary

Zack Teo

May 27, 2022, 11:41:23 PM5/27/22
to Clojure
Hello!! :D

This is a photo from last week’s meetup!

20220521_ClojureAsia_3.png

Nick McAvoy gave an insightful talk: "Betting Our Startup on Clojure: An Experience Report" talking about how the startup he joined decided to adopt Clojure and how the years thereafter have been!

The link to the talk is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6vlyKmDHC8

For our sessions, we have a monthly flash talk (10 to 15 min). This not only give us ample time for introductions/quick catch-ups before the talk and discussions after the talk, but is also more approachable for members who would like to volunteer their time to give a talk :smiley: (Do reach out to me if you are interested in giving a talk!)

For those who were interested in joining but were unable to, we will be having these meetups once a month so hope to see you for upcoming sessions!

Do join us on the #clojure-asia channel on the Clojurian Slack, follow https://twitter.com/ClojureAsia and refer to the Clojure-Asia Online Meetup Schedule for 2022 - Google Calendar for the dates we have planned for future sessions (every 3rd Saturday of the month)

Zachary (zackteo)