Re: Override deps

Message has been deleted

Alex Miller

Feb 13, 2023, 6:27:38 PM2/13/23
to Clojure
Can you share an example deps.edn or some more information?  Also, what Clojure CLI version are you using `clj --version`.

Alex

On Monday, February 13, 2023 at 7:14:20 AM UTC-6 deliver...@googlemail.com wrote:
My laptop is struggling for space and, I would like to override a dependency, so that earlier versions aren't pulled to m2 repo.

If it's :override-deps, I'm just doing it wrong!

Whenever I boot a repl, it won't boot, unless it starts pulling a half-gig of I-don't-want-this- old-version!

Tête à-tête

Feb 13, 2023, 6:49:53 PM2/13/23
to Clojure
:overide-deps
    {edu.stanford.nlp/stanford-corenlp {:mvn/version "4.5.2"}}

I've tried preventing corenlp 4.4.0 and, here, I'm insisting on 4.5.2!

A framework that I use relies on corenlp but, I want deps to resolve to the latest version only, so not backfill the m2 repo.

Alex Miller

Feb 13, 2023, 8:02:56 PM2/13/23
to clo...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you misspelled ":override-deps" (two r's) ?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Clojure" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojure/22215b6b-73ec-4f5d-ba4f-c24a3010b32fn%40googlegroups.com.

Alex Miller

Feb 13, 2023, 8:04:13 PM2/13/23
to clo...@googlegroups.com
There may be other things wrong, but hard to tell without more context of your deps.edn.

Tête à-tête

Feb 17, 2023, 3:18:03 PM2/17/23
to Clojure
It really was that stoopid but, it needed a 2nd pair of eyes!

Thanks.