deps.edn dependency whose name starts with a number

zk

May 15, 2021, 7:22:41 PMMay 15
to Clojure
Is there a way to specify a dependency whose name starts with a number? For example:

```
{:deps {com.github.2captcha/2captcha-java {:mvn/version "1.0.1"}}}
```

will error with

```
Error building classpath. Error reading edn. Invalid token: com.github.2captcha/2captcha-java (/Users/zk/code/monorepo/web/deps.edn)
```

due to the fact that symbols can't start with a numeric character.

I've tried using a string in its place but no dice. I couldn't find anything in the documentation on how to resolve this. Has anybody else run into this situation?

Alex Miller

May 16, 2021, 1:32:39 AMMay 16
to Clojure
I don't think there is any workaround for this, it's the first time I've seen someone run into this. I'll log it and think about a solution.