[ANN] Leiningen 1.2.0 released

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Phil Hagelberg

unread,
Aug 20, 2010, 12:39:12 AM8/20/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I just pushed out a new release of Leiningen, a Clojure build tool,
with lots of help from many contributors.

This adds a couple new tasks (test! and interactive) and the ability to chain
tasks. It also allows for user-level init scripts and user-level plugins, so you
don't have to declare things like swank as a dependency for every project you
use; just install it once and be done with it.

The repl task now acts as a socket server, so multiple concurrent connections
may be used.

Another neat feature is the ability to bundle shell script launchers
with your jar
files. Leiningen will place these in the ~/.lein/bin directory so you can have
an easy way to launch projects from the command-line.

One last "new feature" is the Leiningen stickers: http://twitpic.com/2e33r1
If you've contributed to Leiningen, you can send for one yourself; details at:
http://groups.google.com/group/leiningen/browse_thread/thread/fb4db02386cb9fe9

Users of 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 can upgrade with "lein upgrade". Otherwise download
the script from http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/raw/stable/bin/lein,
place it on your $PATH and make it executable, and then run "lein
self-install" to get going. New users should check out the
Tutorial: http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md

A complete list of the new features and bug fixes can be found at
http://bit.ly/lein-news

Enjoy!
-Phil

David Nolen

unread,
Aug 20, 2010, 1:03:37 AM8/20/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Phil Hagelberg <ph...@hagelb.org> wrote:
I just pushed out a new release of Leiningen, a Clojure build tool,
with lots of help from many contributors.

Looks great. A couple early observations/issues, 

1) It's no longer possible to start a REPL w/o a project.clj :(
2) starting a REPL puts you in clojure.core instead of user

David 

limux

unread,
Aug 20, 2010, 3:28:25 AM8/20/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
It's 1.3.0!

2010/8/20 David Nolen <dnolen...@gmail.com>:

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Clojure" group.
> To post to this group, send email to clo...@googlegroups.com
> Note that posts from new members are moderated - please be patient with your
> first post.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> clojure+u...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/clojure?hl=en

--
云中漫步

polypus74

unread,
Aug 20, 2010, 2:53:02 PM8/20/10
to Clojure
i'm trying to use the new shell script feature.

in my project i have

:shell-wrapper {:main user
:bin "resources/bin/caj"}

when i did a lein install it was copying
my-project/resources/bin/caj to my-project/bin/caj,
that is, until i manually added a ~/.lein directory
and now it is copying it to ~/.lein/bin/caj instead
as expected, but...

my script looks like this (for the moment):

#!/bin/bash

echo "classpath: %s"
echo "main: %s"

and it also looks identical after it gets
copied. i.e. the %s are not being replaced.
maybe i'm just not getting something?

lein version gives me:

Leiningen 1.3.0 on Java 1.6.0_20 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

and i'm on os x 10.6.4 (snow leopard).

thanks for any tips, and phil, thanks for lein,
_c

On Aug 20, 12:28 am, limux <liumengji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's 1.3.0!
>
> 2010/8/20 David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com>:

evins...@gmail.com

unread,
Aug 21, 2010, 4:04:49 AM8/21/10
to Clojure


On Aug 19, 10:39 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> I just pushed out a new release of Leiningen, a Clojure build tool,
> with lots of help from many contributors.
>
> This adds a couple new tasks (test! and interactive) and the ability to chain
> tasks. It also allows for user-level init scripts and user-level plugins, so you
> don't have to declare things like swank as a dependency for every project you
> use; just install it once and be done with it.
>
> The repl task now acts as a socket server, so multiple concurrent connections
> may be used.
>
> Another neat feature is the ability to bundle shell script launchers
> with your jar
> files. Leiningen will place these in the ~/.lein/bin directory so you can have
> an easy way to launch projects from the command-line.
>
> One last "new feature" is the Leiningen stickers:http://twitpic.com/2e33r1
> If you've contributed to Leiningen, you can send for one yourself; details at:http://groups.google.com/group/leiningen/browse_thread/thread/fb4db02...
>
> Users of 1.1.0 and 1.2.0 can upgrade with "lein upgrade". Otherwise download
> the script fromhttp://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/raw/stable/bin/lein,
> place it on your $PATH and make it executable, and then run "lein
> self-install" to get going. New users should check out the
> Tutorial:http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md
>
> A complete list of the new features and bug fixes can be found athttp://bit.ly/lein-news
>
> Enjoy!

Thanks very much for the continued work on lein; I usually do enjoy
it.

Up til now, I've avoided using ELPA (it doesn't play nicely with my 25
years' worth of Lisp-oriented emacs customizations). It may be helpful
for other hoary old lisp hackers to know that you really want to use
ELPA with lein, no matter how fervently you may believe that you
don't. I managed to evade ELPA up until this lein release, but it
seems the free ride is over.

ELPA still hamstrings and lobotomizes my Common Lisp environment, so,
instead of loading either it or my usual environment at Emacs startup,
I now load a pair of M-x commands, one for loading the familiar and
comfortable Common Lisp environment, and one for loading that other
thing, about which the less said, the better.

I'm mildly nauseated, but both Common Lisp and clojure+lein appear to
be working again.

Phil Hagelberg

unread,
Aug 21, 2010, 12:26:56 PM8/21/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 1:04 AM, evins...@gmail.com
<evins...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ELPA still hamstrings and lobotomizes my Common Lisp environment, so,
> instead of loading either it or my usual environment at Emacs startup,
> I now load a pair of M-x commands, one for loading the familiar and
> comfortable Common Lisp environment, and one for loading that other
> thing, about which the less said, the better.

Please note that there's nothing inherent in the idea of package.el
that causes it to work poorly with Common Lisp; it's only because
nobody involved in it so far cares about Common Lisp. If you'd like to
improve the slime packages, that would be great.

-Phil

Brian Carper

unread,
Aug 21, 2010, 2:01:58 PM8/21/10
to Clojure
On Aug 21, 1:04 am, "evins.mi...@gmail.com" <evins.mi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Up til now, I've avoided using ELPA (it doesn't play nicely with my 25
> years' worth of Lisp-oriented emacs customizations). It may be helpful
> for other hoary old lisp hackers to know that you really want to use
> ELPA with lein, no matter how fervently you may believe that you
> don't. I managed to evade ELPA up until this lein release, but it
> seems the free ride is over.

It's possible to use SLIME+Clojure without ELPA and without clobbering
your other Lisps. Check out http://github.com/vu3rdd/swank-clojure-extra
for starters. Personally I still forgo `lein swank` in favor of
setting things up for `M-x slime` myself. The best bits of lein
(dependency management, jar-file making etc.) work great without Emacs
getting involved.

I am convinced that ELPA is probably the best option for a Clojure/
Emacs newbie to get set up easily, but it's not for me and there are
plenty of other people who share your aversion.

Many thanks Phil and Leiningen contributors for another release.

--Brian
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages