Any updates on spec after “Maybe Not” presentation?

Dmitry Kakurin

May 19, 2022, 5:12:33 PMMay 19
to Clojure
Hello,
The “Maybe Not” talk from 2018 has hinted at significant upcoming changes for spec, such as removal of “:req” keys for map specs and potential introduction of “spec/select”.
But I could not find any additional information in the past 3-4 years on the evolution of that line of development.
Are there any updates or additional information on this?

Thank you, Dmitry.

EuAndreh

May 22, 2022, 1:30:28 PMMay 22
to Clojure, Dmitry Kakurin
AFAICT, the spec-alpha2 repository [0] is the latest thing there is.

[0]: https://github.com/clojure/spec-alpha2

Alex Miller

May 24, 2022, 11:15:46 AMMay 24
to Clojure
The schema and select support has been added to spec in spec2 (https://github.com/clojure/spec-alpha2) but is still a work in progress. You can find more info at https://github.com/clojure/spec-alpha2/wiki/Schema-and-select .

Alex

Dmitry Kakurin

May 25, 2022, 9:55:56 PMMay 25
to Clojure
Thank you  EuAndreh and Alex!
Alex, is it still the plan that spec2 will become the released spec eventually? Or has thinking changed since then?
I'm curious if any serious obstacles to the spec2 approach were discovered since Rich gave the talk.

Thank you, Dmitry.