[ANN] Clojure 1.9.0-alpha13

Alex Miller

Sep 26, 2016, 2:41:05 PM9/26/16
to Clojure
Clojure 1.9.0-alpha13 is now available.

Try it via

- Leiningen: [org.clojure/clojure "1.9.0-alpha13"]

1.9.0-alpha13 includes the following changes since 1.9.0-alpha12:

- s/conform of nilable was always returning the passed value, not the conformed value
- s/nilable now creates a generator that returns nil 10% of the time (instead of 50% of the time)
- s/nilable now delays realizing the predicate spec until first use (better for creating recursive specs)
- clojure.spec.gen now provides a dynload version of clojure.test.check.generators/frequency

Mark Engelberg

Sep 29, 2016, 3:55:13 AM9/29/16
to clojure
It appears that the recent alphas are incompatible with the Counterclockwise REPL.

When I create an empty project in Counterclockwise, using this alpha, then when I try to launch a REPL, clojure.main throws an error saying:
Exception in thread "main" clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: Call to clojure.core/defn did not conform to spec:
:clojure.spec/args  (completions* "Return a sequence of matching completions given a prefix string \n   and an optional current namespace." ([prefix] (completions* prefix *ns*)) ([prefix ns & {:keys #{filter}, :or {filter ccw.debug.serverrepl/starts-with-filter}}] (for [[kind completions] (potential-completions prefix ns) [match-symbol match-object :as completion] completions :let [f (filter-completion (name match-symbol) prefix filter)] :when f] {:kind kind, :completion match-symbol, :match match-object, :filter f})))
 #:clojure.spec{:args (completions* "Return a sequence of matching completions given a prefix string \n   and an optional current namespace." ([prefix] (completions* prefix *ns*)) ([prefix ns & {:keys #{filter}, :or {filter ccw.debug.serverrepl/starts-with-filter}}] (for [[kind completions] (potential-completions prefix ns) [match-symbol match-object :as completion] completions :let [f (filter-completion (name match-symbol) prefix filter)] :when f] {:kind kind, :completion match-symbol, :match match-object, :filter f})))}, compiling:(ccw/debug/serverrepl.clj:443:1)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.load(Compiler.java:7441)

---

Mark Engelberg

Sep 29, 2016, 4:11:24 AM9/29/16
to clojure
This is the line that is broken by the recent alphas:
https://github.com/laurentpetit/ccw.server/blob/master/src/ccw/debug/serverrepl.clj#L448

I remember reading somewhere the new alphas have a breaking change to the way :or destructuring works (but I don't remember the details), so I'm guessing this is the culprit.

Alex Miller

Sep 29, 2016, 8:37:33 AM9/29/16
to Clojure
I think the problem is not on the :or but on the :keys which is being passed a set rather than a sequential?

Herwig Hochleitner

Sep 29, 2016, 9:04:37 AM9/29/16
to clo...@googlegroups.com

I think the problem is not on the :or but on the :keys which is being passed a set rather than a sequential?

Laurent PETIT

Sep 29, 2016, 3:46:27 PM9/29/16
to Clojure
Thank you all, I have merged the pull request for ccw.server, and released ccw.server:0.2.1 to clojars.

The Pull Request on CCW itself to use the new ccw.server version is on its way, stay tuned...