Erlang/OTP in clojure

Ole Rixmann

Aug 12, 2011, 1:32:16 PM8/12/11
to Clojure
Hi everyone,
i just read this series of posts about riak core https://github.com/rzezeski/try-try-try.

I liked it (because i did a lot Erlang recently) and wanted to have a
similar thing in clojure.

So i started, although i know i would need years to build such a
system on my own, but a gen_server would be nice ;).

Here is my first approach to a fsm:

git repo: https://github.com/rixmann/gen_fsm
clojars: [org.clojars.owl/gen_fsm "0.1-BETA"]

If you are interested please tell me what to do better or
contribute :-).

Greetings,
Ole

rzez...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2011, 3:40:55 PM8/12/11
to Clojure
Ole,

Glad you liked my posts on Riak. I took a quick glance at your code
and it's amazing how much Clojure I've forgotten over the last year.
I need to read my Joy of Clojure :)

If you're looking for Erlang/OTP in Clojure land than I think an
easier path might be to look at Erjang [1]. AFAICT, it is a fairly
solid implementation of Erlang/OTP, is in active development, and has
some really smart devs behind it.

-Ryan

[1]: https://github.com/trifork/erjang/wiki

On Aug 12, 1:32 pm, Ole Rixmann <rixmann....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> i just read this series of posts about riak corehttps://github.com/rzezeski/try-try-try.

Ole Rixmann

Aug 12, 2011, 4:15:46 PM8/12/11
to Clojure
Thanks,
really fast feedback here :)

I would like a vnode in clojure...
In my opinion a lot of the erlang low-level stuff is not needed for
that.

The topology can be definded and shared with a gossip protocol over
http or xmpp.

I think i will spend some time with this,
bye Ole