Clojurists Together funding applications are open for Q3 2020

Daniel Compton

Jul 23, 2021, 6:22:06 AMJul 23
to Clojure
Hi folks

You know the drill, Clojurists Together is funding open source Clojure tools, libraries, and documentation. Applications are open until 6th August, 2021, midnight PST.

Our members would like us to focus on developer tools, so if you work on Clojure developer tools, please apply!

There's a few changes this time around. You can see the full details on the announcement, but briefly:
  • People now apply for $1k/$2k experimental/small projects, or $9k larger projects
  • Funding can now be taken over 1-12 months, instead of only over 3 months
  • You have 2 months to start after you get selected to give you time to prepare
We're also doing a new type of long-term funding where our members will vote on developers to receive $1.5k/month for 12 months. The recipients won't have any specific requirements, they'll just keep doing the great work they're already doing.

We currently have the funds to support 3 developers for long-term fellowships, but we'd like to get to 6. To do so we’ll need new developer and company members to help support this. If you’re a company that relies on Clojure, please consider joining Clojurists Together.

Thanks, Daniel.