ANN: ClojureScript revision 927 release

Stuart Sierra

Jan 20, 2012, 2:14:09 PM1/20/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com, cloju...@googlegroups.com
We have released JARs for ClojureScript to the Sonatype OSS
repository. They will be uploaded to the Maven Central repository
within 24 hours.

We do not yet have any automated build/release cycle for
ClojureScript. If you want to track the latest ClojureScript
development, please continue to use Git.

** Sample project.clj

Leiningen users can use a project.clj file similar to the following:

(defproject foo "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT"
:description "FIXME: write description"
:dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.3.0"]
[org.clojure/clojurescript "0.0-927"]])

To start immediately without waiting for Maven Central, add Sonatype
OSS to your public repositories like this:

:repositories {"sonatype-oss"
"http://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/"}

** About Version Numbers

ClojureScript has no "release" versions yet. Instead we have a
revision number, calculated as the number of commits on the master
branch since the beginning of the project. ClojureScript is currently
at revision 927. In Maven/Leiningen, this is represented as version
"0.0-927".

** Dependencies

ClojureScript depends on four things:

*** 1. Clojure 1.3 or later

Published by us. Not declared as a dependency: add it to your project
build configuration.

*** 2. Mozilla Rhino JavaScript engine

Published by Mozilla.

*** 3. Google Closure Compiler

Published by Google. Pulls in a bunch of other dependencies including
Guava, Protocol Buffers, and Ant. You may choose to ignore these or
exclude them in your project build configuration.

*** 4. Google Closure Library

Published by us as org.clojure:google-closure-library, version
"0.0-790", where 790 is the Subversion revision number we are using.
The most recent SVN revision does not currently work with
ClojureScript.

David Nolen

Jan 20, 2012, 2:35:54 PM1/20/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!

pmbauer

Jan 20, 2012, 3:01:03 PM1/20/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Weekend made.
Thank you!

Marko Kocić

Jan 23, 2012, 10:09:29 AM1/23/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com, cloju...@googlegroups.com
Nice.
All we need now is clojurescriptone release and lein plugin.

Robert Levy

Jan 23, 2012, 1:42:21 PM1/23/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Marko Kocić <marko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice.
> All we need now is clojurescriptone release and lein plugin.

Earlier today I updated lein-clojurescript and submitted a pull
request, so that should be available to use soon.

Rob