What Emacs framework do you prefer?

Laws

Aug 9, 2021, 10:50:04 PM8/9/21
to Clojure
I've been away from Clojure for 3 years but I've decided my next project will be pure Clojure. I'm setting everything up on a new MacBook Pro that I just bought. I just installed Emacs and I'm wondering what kind of starter-kit or framework do people prefer nowadays? Does anyone want to either recommend a framework or share an init file that has some customizations for Clojure?

Oleksandr Shulgin

Aug 10, 2021, 3:34:42 AM8/10/21
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 4:50 AM Laws <smashco...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone want to either recommend a framework or share an init file that has some customizations for Clojure?

Cheers,
--
Alex

Jiacai Liu

Aug 10, 2021, 5:18:14 AM8/10/21
to clo...@googlegroups.com, Laws
https://github.com/flyingmachine/emacs-for-clojure

I recommend flyingmachine's config, tailored for clojure
development.
Also his awesome book https://www.braveclojure.com/basic-emacs/

Zack Teo

Aug 10, 2021, 11:30:50 PM8/10/21
to Clojure
If you are looking for a framework for Emacs as a whole - I personally use Doom Emacs - which for the most part, I just enable clojure module on.

Many others seem to use Spacemacs - of which practicalli seems to have some guides on here.

Lastly, there is Prelude which the author of CIDER manages.

Of course, there's other community managed configurations of Emacs but these are the few I frequently encounter - And am aware have specific configurations for Clojure.

Laws

Aug 11, 2021, 1:56:35 AM8/11/21
to Clojure
Thank you, everyone, I'll investigate these suggestions.