ANN: Clojure API for AllegroGraph

Mike Hinchey

Nov 14, 2009, 7:05:29 PM11/14/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Franz Inc and I just put the AllegroGraph 3.2 Java API on github with my new Clojure API.  The clojure is a wrapper of the java client, which is an implementation of openrdf/sesame.  The wrapper is mostly to make it more idiomatic clojure so you don't have to deal with so many java classes, mutable objects, and resources that have to be closed.  It's a work-in-progress, of course, and any feedback is appreciated.

The master branch is for the future release AG 4.0, so you'll want to use the agraph32 branch for the current release.
http://github.com/franzinc/agraph-java-client/tree/agraph32

This is the code I'll be presenting tomorrow at the Semantic Web installfest.
http://www.meetup.com/The-San-Francisco-Semantic-Web-Meetup/calendar/11788554/

My future plans for this are to have more advance ways of manipulating triples, especially having them linked up in trees rather than a flat lists referring to each other, which is what you get back from a query.

By the way, I included the clojure-1.0.jar because I assume this will be used by companies that need a stable release, but last I checked, the code works fine with master, and I'm happy to officially support master if that's what anyone wants.

-Mike

patrickdlogan

Nov 24, 2009, 6:31:10 PM11/24/09
to Clojure
Hi Mike - thanks for this.

I am fairly new to git, but from what I can tell, I have the agraph32
branch as current. The clojure code on the agraph32 branch still seems
to be using the AG 4.0 API. For example...

http://github.com/franzinc/agraph-java-client/blob/agraph32/clojure/test/com/franz/agraph/agtest.clj

Running this against the agraph32 branch java jar results in a class
not found exception...

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.franz.agraph.repository.AGCatalog (agtest.clj:0)

On Nov 14, 4:05 pm, Mike Hinchey <hinche...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Franz Inc and I just put the AllegroGraph 3.2 Java API on github with my new
> Clojure API.  The clojure is a wrapper of the java client, which is an
> implementation of openrdf/sesame.  The wrapper is mostly to make it more
> idiomatic clojure so you don't have to deal with so many java classes,
> mutable objects, and resources that have to be closed.  It's a
> work-in-progress, of course, and any feedback is appreciated.
>
> The master branch is for the future release AG 4.0, so you'll want to use
> the agraph32 branch for the current release.http://github.com/franzinc/agraph-java-client/tree/agraph32
>
> This is the code I'll be presenting tomorrow at the Semantic Web
> installfest.http://www.meetup.com/The-San-Francisco-Semantic-Web-Meetup/calendar/...

Mike Hinchey

Nov 24, 2009, 7:39:36 PM11/24/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
You're right, the tests have not been converted to 3.2, so they are not running at this time.  The best thing to look at is the tutorial.clj - most of these work properly, but example6 doesn't return correct results.  The ones that don't work is where the clj code is incomplete, so I still have some work to do.  I'll get these fixed or documented in the next few days.

-Mike

patrickdlogan

Nov 25, 2009, 8:37:13 AM11/25/09
to Clojure
Thanks Mike. No big hurry on my part - I'll look at the tutorial code.