[ANN] appengine-magic 0.4.6 released

Constantine Vetoshev

Nov 7, 2011, 7:39:13 PM11/7/11
to clojure...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
I just released appengine-magic version 0.4.6. appengine-magic is a
library which makes it easy to write Clojure web applications intended
for deployment on Google App Engine.

https://github.com/gcv/appengine-magic/

This version of appengine-magic adds support for Clojure 1.3.0, while
retaining compatibility with 1.2.x.

Other changes: I made an effort to improve support for non-Emacs
interactive environments. So with luck, Clojure modes in popular Java
IDEs might now work. Since I don't use these IDEs, I did not really
test this, but the change I made removed an important reason why they
tended to break.

The datastore now has :before-save and :after-load callback support.

This version of appengine-magic supports App Engine SDK 1.5.5.

Please note that this release does NOT support App Engine SDK 1.6.0,
released earlier today. I tried to use 1.6.0 with appengine-magic, and
it introduced breaking changes to the /_ah/admin console (Google's
servlets started throwing NPEs and fail to load). Unfortunately, I
will not have time over the next few weeks to track down this problem.
If someone sends me a working patch for this, I'll merge it in and
release an update.

Best,
Constantine Vetoshev