Piggieback and the browser/figwheel

Kaylen Wheeler

Oct 9, 2015, 10:20:08 PM10/9/15
to clojure-tools
I've been able to successfully set up a piggieback repl with all the fixin's, but it can't seem to access the global js namespace.  Additionally, there is no http server like the one figwheel provides.

Is there a way I can connect this repl to figwheel?

By the way, I'm connecting using (cemerick.piggieback/cljs-repl (cljs.repl.rhino/repl-env)).

Fenton Travers

Oct 10, 2015, 2:33:49 PM10/10/15
to clojure-tools
Sorry perhaps not a direct answer, but this is how I dev with clojurescript.

I do cider-jack-in-clojurescript via:

https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider#clojurescript-usage

---

The next section:

https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider#browser-connected-clojurescript-repl

Did not work for me, so separately I run 'lein figwheel' in a terminal.  Between those two, when I save in emacs, the website is updated, and I have all the niceties of cider for both clojure and clojurescript.  I haven't had any bugs or instability, that I've seen, seems fairly rock solid.

I'm not aware of a better setup, but would always be happy to hear about one! :)

fenton

Kaylen Wheeler

Oct 10, 2015, 3:23:31 PM10/10/15
to clojure-tools
Actually, this does seem like a fairly nice setup.  However, I'm still mising autocomplete / definitions for the js namespace.  Do you know how to get those?

Fenton Travers

Oct 10, 2015, 6:15:40 PM10/10/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
I have a type of autocomplete that is based on what I've already got in my project.  I use the basic auto-complete...so typing:

(js/

I'm presented with:

(js/console
(js/console.log
(js/parseInt

etc... which are just previous uses of js in the past.  So this isn't all things available under js.  maybe not what you are looking for?