Titanium Ogre dependency

Ray Miller

Jun 17, 2014, 6:21:33 AM6/17/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I have been working on updating Archimedes and Titanium to Blueprints
2.4.0, along with some breaking API changes to move away from the
dynamic *graph* var. You can find my latest changes in these branches:

https://github.com/clojurewerkz/archimedes/tree/humbled-transactions

https://github.com/clojurewerkz/titanium/tree/archimedes-api-change

All of the archimedes tests are passing, and all but the Titanium
integration test passes. The failure is because of an Ogre dependency,
and I have not yet updated Ogre for the new API. As far as I can see,
it is only these integration tests that depend on Ogre, and I'm
wondering if we should rewrite the integration test and drop the Ogre
dependency from Titanium. What do you think?

Ray.

Zack Maril

Jun 18, 2014, 9:05:32 AM6/18/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
You could move the ogre dependency into the dev profile. So Ogre would be around for testing, but not in the library proper. But, it might be easier to develop if the three libraries weren't so intertwined.
-Zack

Michael Klishin

Ray Miller

Jun 20, 2014, 5:04:53 AM6/20/14
On 19 June 2014 03:45, Michael Klishin <michael....@gmail.com> wrote:

>> As far as I can see,
>> it is only these integration tests that depend on Ogre, and I'm
>> wondering if we should rewrite the integration test and drop the Ogre
>> dependency from Titanium. What do you think?
>

> Just move it to the :dev profile.

OK, done. All the tests are now passing individually, but not under
lein test. I suspect some process is holding files open so that
clean-db is not properly effective between tests. Will rewrite all but
the integration test to use BerkeleyDB.

As to Ogre, this is already using Blueprints 2.4.0; did you have any
changes in mind for that library? The Titanium integration tests pass
without any changes to Ogre.

Ray.