It's Time to Invite Rich or Stuart

Michael Harrison (goodmike)

May 15, 2009, 10:29:45 AM5/15/09
to Clojure Study Group Washington DC
With the release of 1.0 and the imminent publication of Stuart's
*Programming Clojure*, there's even more buzz out there about Clojure.
I think it's time to ask Rich or Stuart (or Chris Houser, etc.) to
come talk to a group of interested DC-area programmers.

I think the NoVaJUG might be the group to lead the organization,
although my knowledge of local groups' size and reach is limited.
FringeDC and the Study Group could certainly co-sponsor or co-
organize. I'd like to have a talk that covers basics but also digs
into some more advanced features. Really, it would just be great to
have a chance to ask an expert some questions.

Is anyone interested in helping set this up?

mh

Craig Andera

May 15, 2009, 10:56:33 AM5/15/09
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Stu's a friend of mine. He could stay at our place if that makes the
whole thing any easier.

Serge Wroclawski

May 15, 2009, 11:48:51 AM5/15/09
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
HacDC tries to invite interesting speakers to show up, so of course
I'm going to vote for that.

We can't pay anyone but we can use the auditorium or even the sanctuary.

- Serge