Re: [csdc] Digest for clojure-study-dc@googlegroups.com - 2 Messages in 1 Topic

Arleigh Richardson

Nov 23, 2009, 8:35:36 AM11/23/09
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
I just moved to the area and signed up as a group member, although I have not had the chance to attend a meeting yet.  Is this rate just for members who have been around a while or for new folks as well?  If it is the latter, I would love to attend this training.

- Arleigh

On Nov 22, 2009, at 10:53 PM, clojure-...@googlegroups.com wrote:

  Today's Topic Summary

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/clojure-study-dc/topics

    Keith Bennett <keithr...@gmail.com> Nov 22 11:28AM -0500

    Michael -

    Good news...as an alumnus, you can get the group rate of $1195 (see
    "Dates and Pricing" on upper right of http://pragmaticstudio.com/clojure)
    .

    I would *love* to go -- and even though $1195 is a lot of money (I'm
    an alumnus too), the heavyweight combination of Rich Hickey and Stu
    Halloway for three full days is amazing.

    In addition to the cash outlay, I'd have to take 2 of my precious 10
    annual vacation days -- oh, to be a western European. ;)

    Unfortunately, I have gotten out of practice with Clojure, and have
    little hope at this point of spending serious time with it. Because
    of this, I fear that the sizeable investment would not bear fruit.

    I might change my mind between now and then, though...

    ...though it might be full by then...

    Ironic, as *I'm* the one who lives in Reston, no?

    Cheers,
    Keith

    ---
    Keith R. Bennett
    Senior Software Consultant
    Business: http://www.bbsinc.biz
    Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/keithrbennett
    Blogs: http://krbtech.wordpress.com, http://keithrbennett.wordpress.com

    On Nov 21, 2009, at 11:22 AM, Michael Harrison (goodmike) wrote:

    Michael Harrison <goodm...@gmail.com> Nov 22 01:46PM -0500

    Keith,

    Yes, I can get the reduced rate as an alum, but I was hoping to lend my
    number to a group signup. In the sad event we can't find two other people
    who want to go, I will take the alumni rate and blog and tweet as much as I
    can about the training.

    I hope you find a way to go, because it would be awesome to attend with you.
    I got an email from Stu last night, and he's very enthusiastic about the
    course. He's planning to put a lot of effort and love into it.

    mh