Clojure Developer(s) Needed in DC

David James

May 29, 2013, 4:06:39 PM5/29/13
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am looking to contract with one or two Clojure developers to build tools for my company, Bluemont Labs. We'll be using Clojure, Storm, Riak, Kafka, and lots more. Example projects include: distributed data processing, machine learning, web services, and web applications.

I'd prefer to work with an intermediate to advanced developer. But is ok if you are new to Clojure; just be open about where you are. Remote workers are welcome too.

This is my second startup; I'm building a service to help people make data-driven decisions. I have a prototype and interested customers, and there is lots of work to do. I've worked with many kinds of people. I value results, dependability, clear thinking, and tested code.

To apply, please email me at my work email address, shown on my Github page: https://github.com/bluemont. Please include code samples, your LinkedIn profile (or resume), and references. If you have a set consulting rate, please share that. I will pay as fairly but don't expect me to compete on rate alone. As self-funded company, I am careful to preserve my runway until I reach profitability. On the plus side, you'll be using cutting edge tools to build a very cool product. Plus, I am well-rounded in software development, statistics, and machine learning. I expect we'll learn from each other.

What to expect:
* An interview, in-person or over Skype.
* We'll start with a short, ~1 week paid project. If that goes well, I'll line up a bigger project.
* Please expect 2-3 hours of pairing at project kick-off.
* If you are in the DC area, we'll do some coworking at Canvas.co (between Dupont and Farragut).

Thanks,
David James
Bluemont Labs
Washington, DC