Future of friend

Chas Emerick

Jan 16, 2015, 11:04:53 AM1/16/15
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In connection with my having moved on to other domains, I'd like to open up a discussion around the ongoing maintenance and future development of friend:

https://github.com/cemerick/friend

It is used pretty widely by Clojure Ring applications, and I'd like to ensure that the developers that use it now are not left in the lurch, and that the Clojure web development community retains what I think has become a valuable resource / minimum bar for web authentication and authorization. I'd like to pass the project on to someone who, ideally, is:

(a) familiar with the friend codebase
(b) an active Clojure developer in the web space
(c) familiar with the security concerns associated with friend's objectives and purview

None of these are set in stone, but I do want to make sure that whoever takes over is likely to be a good steward of what's there now, and able to push the project forward to address whatever challenges come along in the future.

The alternative is something I really don't want to see: friend falling into serious disrepair / bitrot, with the likely endgame of yet another authn/authz library/framework popping up in some months or years to fill the void, thus repeating the cycle.

If you're interested, please get in touch; direct email @ ch...@cemerick.com is probably best.

Thanks,

- Chas