ANN Quartzite 1.0 (final)

Michael Klishin

Sep 17, 2012, 4:53:07 PM9/17/12
to clo...@googlegroups.com, clojure...@googlegroups.com
Quartzite [1] is a Clojure DSL on top of the Quartz scheduler. It has a few convenience features
in addition, but primarily tries to make core Quartz features as easy to use as possible without heavy use of Java interop in your apps.

Here's a list of what you get out of the box:

 * Ability to define jobs, triggers and schedules using a DSL
 * Scheduling, unscheduling, pausing and resuming jobs and triggers.
 * Querying scheduler for information, convenient predicate functions
 * Ability to register listeners for scheduler events
 * Access to durable scheduler data stores (JDBC databases out of the box, other stores via plugins)
 * Solid documentation (my favorite feature)

New in 1.0 final:

 * Documentation updates
 * Stateful jobs support
 * Clojure 1.4 by default
 * Better names for functions that remove triggers

Full change log is available on GitHub [4].

Quartzite targets Clojure 1.3+, tested against 3 Clojure versions x 3 JDKs on travis-ci.org, and is released under the Eclipse Public License.

Learn more in the Getting Started guide [2] and the rest of the docs [1].

The source is available on GitHub [3]. We also use GitHub to track issues.

--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin

Luis Reyes

Sep 17, 2012, 11:33:11 PM9/17/12
to clojure...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to use Quartzite so followed the tutorial but I have a problem at executing the -main function.
I already add the dependency of
[clojurewerkz/quartzite "1.0.1"]

user=> (-main)
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".#<StdScheduler org.quartz.impl.StdScheduler@12993463>
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

Could you figure what is the problem ?

 * Ability to define jobs, triggers and schedules using a DSL
 * Scheduling, unscheduling, pausing and resuming jobs and triggers.
 * Querying scheduler for information, convenient predicate functions
 * Ability to register listeners for scheduler events
 * Access to durable scheduler data stores (JDBC databases out of the box, other stores via plugins)
 * Solid documentation (my favorite feature)
,

Michael Klishin

Sep 18, 2012, 2:50:44 AM9/18/12
2012/9/18 Luis Reyes <l.ch...@gmail.com>

user=> (-main)
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".#<StdScheduler org.quartz.impl.StdScheduler@12993463>
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

It is a warning. Quartz cannot find any supported logging implementation and defaults to No-op logger.

Add [org.slf4j/slf4j-log4j12 "1.6.4"] to your dependencies and it will use a log4j-backed logger.
--
MK

Luis Reyes

Sep 19, 2012, 12:07:07 AM9/19/12
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
 Thanks for the attention, It works. I'll start to use it :)