Great Library --- More Example please

Joao Carlos Salcedo Torres

Jun 10, 2012, 11:10:47 PM6/10/12
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Hi MK,

this ia a kick-ass library..it is just great, could you please create more example
I need to schedule a job that it takes some data from a DB and send that to a S3 instance every hour.
Do you have any idea of how can I achieve this?

Cheers,

JS

Michael Klishin

Jun 11, 2012, 5:25:43 AM6/11/12
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Joao Carlos Salcedo Torres:

> this ia a kick-ass library..it is just great, could you please create more example
> I need to schedule a job that it takes some data from a DB and send that to a S3 instance every hour.
> Do you have any idea of how can I achieve this?

João,

Did you read http://clojurequartz.info/articles/getting_started.html? It has enough information to cover
your example. You can also use scheduled execution service for this particular case (run X every Y
seconds/minutes/hours):

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ScheduledExecutorService.html

We will improve the docs but need to push Monger RC + announcement out of the door (should happen tomorrow).

Take a look at this test namespace if you are not sure how everything you see in the guides integrates together:
https://github.com/michaelklishin/quartzite/blob/master/test/clojurewerkz/quartzite/test/execution.clj#L30

MK

signature.asc