Custom quartz persistence (or Datomic support)

mbosse...@netflix.com

Dec 4, 2017, 3:58:24 PM12/4/17
to clojure-quartz
Hi,

I'm looking into using Quartzite for a project, but I'm not in love with having to set up a JDBC store for persistence. Mongo also isn't an attractive option with our current stack.

What is involved with setting up a custom persistence implementation (preferably targeting Datomic)? I started looking at the code for the mongo implementation [1], but there was a bit more there than I was expecting.

Is it sufficient to (partially) implement `org.quartz.JobStore` or is there more involved with creating java shims to deal with the class loader issues described in your tutorials? Are there any quartz docs on this that you followed? I'm also assuming that the persistence implementation must be configuration driven (as opposed to passing an instance of the loader to the initialize call).

Any pointers or thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Michael Klishin

Dec 18, 2017, 1:06:19 AM12/18/17
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
If you implement your store in Clojure, you will face the same
classloader issues. It's not mandatory to implement
every interface but not implementing everything means you will always
be guessing can you be losing data or its consistency at any point.

If I had to implement a new Quartz store today I'd just use Java.

<clojure...@googlegroups.com>:
> --
>
> ---

MK