Range Queries

Piyush Katariya

Nov 9, 2015, 1:50:46 PM11/9/15
to clojure-neo4j
How do i do range queries in neo4j using neocons ? Looks like its not natively supported.

I have around 20k (but ever growing)  nodes of label say  :transaction_table over which i have filter the nodes which has property say :transaction_money which is of type float/double.

I am not really interested to deal with this problem as mentioned in the link http://neo4j.com/docs/stable/cypher-cookbook-path-tree.html

Rohit Aggarwal

Nov 9, 2015, 1:56:00 PM11/9/15
to clojure-neo4j
Hi Piyush,
I suggest you have a look at this document:

This really isn't a question about the Neocons driver but more about data modelling/Cypher. I think it will be better answered on the Neo4j mailing list or Stack Overflow.

-Rohit

Piyush Katariya

Nov 9, 2015, 2:32:26 PM11/9/15
to clojure-neo4j
Why are you pointing me to the link how to use it with Cypher ?

My question was specifically about Neocons and how it is takes care of creating and using indexes (Legacy index if necessary) which will support range queries.
Neo4j by default creates "exact" index which does not support range queries !

I wanted to know whether Neocons takes care of managing indexes which support range queries and using them while "find" and "query" node methods ?

i don't want to rely on multilevel indexing work out mentioned in the link i shared but rather use  Neocons to achieve it.

Michael Hunger

Nov 9, 2015, 8:20:37 PM11/9/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
That's actually no longer true for Neo4j 2.3 it supports range queries on schema indexes both for numbers and strings.

So Rohit's answer is actually correct.

Also please note that the tone you used with Rohit is less than appropriate, please take into account that all work on OSS projects is voluntary and mostly done in people's spare time.

Michael

--
Documentation: http://clojureneo4j.info
Issues: https://github.com/michaelklishin/neocons/issues

More Clojure libraries: http://clojurewerkz.org
---

Piyush Katariya

Nov 10, 2015, 3:33:58 AM11/10/15
to clojure-neo4j
Yep I agree OSS projects are voluntary and it means a lot to society of Software engineers.  It goes without saying that both neocons, neo4j community editions are most awesome boon to a software projects looking out for non commercial offerings.
I apologize if any of my comments hurt anybody's emotions.

I felt that Rohit's answer was totally misleading as it was pointing to executing cypher statement directly as opposed to using neocon's readily available functions if it exists ?

for example, (nn/get connection 42) can be used to get a node with id=42,  my questions was about having any function to deal with range operations and does it take care of using Legacy index when queried ?

Now that since Michael revealed that it is supported natively in Neo4j 2.3 and later(hopefully) i guess we can bypass Legacy(Lucene) index for range operations ! Correct me if i am wrong ?

I was expecting that i might get an answer from this forum, but I ended up reading source code for neocons, anyways.

Michael Hunger

Nov 10, 2015, 11:16:41 AM11/10/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Cypher is still the right answer as it is not exposed in any other API (intentionally)

Von meinem iPhone gesendet