Connection reset

Joshua Cano

Mar 20, 2015, 5:29:32 PM3/20/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
I am continually getting a connection reset after 5 minutes when running a long running CYPHER query using the /db/data endpoint. Does anyone have any experience with this? All queries that return within 5 minutes run fine, however once this 5 minute threshold is reached it seems that the connection is being reset. Do you have any plans on moving to the neo4j Transactional cypher endpoint? Thanks in advance.

Michael Klishin

Mar 20, 2015, 7:16:16 PM3/20/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com, Joshua Cano
On 20 March 2015 at 22:29:34, Joshua Cano (joshua...@gmail.com) wrote:
> I am continually getting a connection reset after 5 minutes
> when running a long running CYPHER query using the /db/data endpoint.
> Does anyone have any experience with this?

Either client or server (or a proxy in the middle) have a request timeout.
--
@michaelklishin, github.com/michaelklishin

Rohit Aggarwal

Mar 21, 2015, 6:22:00 AM3/21/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Regarding the timeout, as Michael said, the timeout is happening either in the client, proxy or the server.

The only doc for handling timeout in the server, I could find about is in Mark Needham's blog:

For the client, you can explicitly set the connect timeout. I have a basic example here:

Have a look at debugging http calls section in the docs here and also the clj-http docs.

Neocons isn't yet Neo4j 2.2 compatible. But it will be soon. the neo4j transactional cypher endpoint will be added as part of that effort. PR welcome!

Rohit Aggarwal

Mar 21, 2015, 10:36:00 AM3/21/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Looking at the API closer, I realised that the Neo4j transaction cypher endpoint already exists. Doc here:

Joshua Cano

Mar 23, 2015, 2:09:07 PM3/23/15
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much Rohit, I did try and set the timeout like you are doing on the 20th, however same problem persisted, I'm going to try the transaction endpoint and see if I get the same result. Could be some strange setting on the server side, but it only seems to be for remote queries, any long running cypher queries I perform locally run fine.