Neo4j 3.x support?

blandflakes

Jan 7, 2017, 10:26:45 PM1/7/17
to clojure-neo4j
Hello,

I've been digging into using neo4j in a project of mine and liked what I saw both from neo4j and from the documentation of the neocons project. I've been trying to connect to my 3.0.6 Neo4j server using neocons, and getting confusing "not found" errors. I wanted to verity that this was likely because (as I discovered from reading the documentation more closely) neocons supports 2.x, and it's possible the addressing scheme or some other part of the protocol changed between versions.

If people are successfully using neocons with 3.x, I'll have to dig deeper.

Thanks!

blandflakes

Jan 7, 2017, 11:36:24 PM1/7/17
to clojure-neo4j
Well, I finally figured out my problem. Since the "/db/data/" portion of the URL, I'd assumed that was how you pointed at the database. Now it's become evident that this is just the route for talking to the *active* database, and is the same no matter what you've named your database.

So far it looks like it can talk to 3.0 just fine, though I'd still enjoy hearing confirmation that 3.x should function without too many surprises.

Joachim De Beule

Feb 22, 2017, 12:47:31 PM2/22/17
to clojure-neo4j
+1 on the status/plans for Neocons.

In fact, I'm wondering whether this group is still active (all but the last few posts seem to date from 2015?) and, if not, what else is going on these days around clojure and graph-dbs?

Jens Weber

Mar 1, 2017, 7:01:37 PM3/1/17
to clojure-neo4j

+2 I am also interested in knowing whether neocons is still being maintained.

annemari...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2017, 8:05:57 AM4/5/17
to clojure-neo4j
Hi,

is this still maintained? And if so, do you have any idea when neocons 3.2.0 will be released to clojars? The github readme says the latest release is 3.2.0 ( https://github.com/michaelklishin/neocons ) but doesn't seem to exist in clojars yet:
Could not find artifact clojurewerkz:neocons:jar:3.2.0 in clojars (https://clojars.org/repo/)

Thanks a lot!
BR
Anne-Mari
@AnskuSilvast

Michael Klishin

Dec 18, 2017, 1:07:58 AM12/18/17
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Neocons is maintained as long as it has contributors who are willing
to put in the time. I have dozens of open source
projects on my hands and most ClojureWerkz projects are maintained by
the users these days.
> --
> Documentation: http://clojureneo4j.info
> Issues: https://github.com/michaelklishin/neocons/issues