clojure maven plugin: clojure tests succeed when using mvn clojure:test but NOT during test phase when using mvn install

Horace

Jul 25, 2013, 12:06:42 PM7/25/13
to clojure-ma...@googlegroups.com
I am using the clojure maven plugin to build a project. The projects contains a test, let us say mytest.clj, that has a content like the following:
(def ^:dynamic *server*
  (create-server "tcp://bla.bla:9999"))

(deftest blabla1...)
(deftest blabla2...)

If I run mvn clojure:test , the build runs successfully.

But If I run mvn install then when the test phase is reached, the server declared in mytest.clj is started. After that start, nothing more happens: the clojure test script seems to be frozen and building of the project cannot be continued (without any error message): Maven just hangs. Although, as already said, mvn clojure:test runs successfully for the same project.

Does somebody know how to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated. Thx in advance Regards

Horace

P.S: I can use the standard mvn install to compile and test the clojure sources because my project's packaging is configured as a 'clojure' one in pom.xml. The consequence of it, is that the clojure maven plugin then automatically binds I itself to the maven phases compile, test and test-compile.