404 on PUT requests

Roman Scherer

Apr 16, 2014, 7:13:59 AM4/16/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would have implemented a PUT to /my-resource/:id, in the case
that the resource does not exists, to return 404. Now looking at
the liberator decision graph I can't find a way to reach the 404
node after :method-put? goes into the "true" branch. Is there a
way to return 404, or is my intuition wrong and I should really
return 501 (not implemented).

Thanks, Roman.

Bruce Durling

Apr 16, 2014, 9:16:33 AM4/16/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
There is some discussion of this in the github issues here:

https://github.com/clojure-liberator/liberator/pull/120

cheers,
Bruce
> --

@otfrom | CTO & co-founder @MastodonC | mastodonc.com
See recent coverage of us in the Economist http://econ.st/WeTd2i and
the Financial Times http://on.ft.com/T154BA

Roman Scherer

Apr 16, 2014, 9:33:37 AM4/16/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bruce

Philipp Meier

Apr 17, 2014, 9:35:54 AM4/17/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 16. April 2014 15:16:33 UTC+2 schrieb Bruce Durling:
There is some discussion of this in the github issues here:

https://github.com/clojure-liberator/liberator/pull/120

As noted there, the default will likely be changed to 404 in the next release.

-billy.

Thomas Engelschmidt

Nov 10, 2015, 9:34:11 AM11/10/15
to Liberator
Hi,

Any plans on changing the 501 to 404 ? for can-put-to-missing = false ?

Philipp Meier

Nov 11, 2015, 8:58:01 AM11/11/15

Am 10.11.15 um 15:34 schrieb Thomas Engelschmidt:

> Any plans on changing the 501 to 404 ? for can-put-to-missing = false ?

This fell of my radar somehow. I've just created
https://github.com/clojure-liberator/liberator/issues/238 to track this
one and would appreciate a PR.

-billy.

--