Dublin Geek Slam!

Daniel Kersten

Nov 27, 2012, 12:48:19 PM11/27/12
to Clojure Ireland
Hey all,

Don't know if there is still anyone on this mailing list, but anyone that's here may be interested in the Dublin Geek Slam, hosted in Engineyard on the 4th. Its an inter-usergroup event, so I figured some Clojure enthusiasts should probably attend too!

I'd also like to know if anyone is using Clojure (for fun or profit) and maybe we can finally set up a little meetup in a pub or something. I currently use a mixture of Clojure and Python in my day job, so I'm eager to hear others' experiences too.

All the best,
Dan.

Nov 27, 2012, 4:18:04 PM11/27/12
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

I'm using Clojure these days, for web development; and I'm hoping to use ClojureScript when I move on to the front-end.

I'd be interested in an event for Clojure too; which might be facilitated by joining up with another functional programming or Java group.

(I'll be at the multi-group event below anyway.)

All the best,

Kevin.

Derek McLoughlin

Nov 27, 2012, 4:21:39 PM11/27/12
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

I set up the group in 2010 when things were quietish on my work front but soon afterwards I became too busy to look after it.

I'm glad to see you're using Clojure. I agree with Kevin, that any event for Clojure could be facilitated by joining up with other FP groups - e.g. the Erlang group. I still have an interest in Clojure, but mostly use Haskell for playing around with FP. Perhaps a more-general "Functional Programming Ireland"group would be of wider interest?

Derek.
Message has been deleted

Jos Flores

Sep 13, 2013, 4:37:59 PM9/13/13