clojurewerkz.elastisch.native.document/scroll-seq uses deprecated search-type "scan"

Dave Tenny

Jun 1, 2016, 7:45:43 PM6/1/16
to clojure-elasticsearch
On the master branch it appears to we're reasoning based on searches involving :search-type "scan", only this
has been deprecated in ES 2.3.  Instead, for efficient scroll based searches, the ES documentation says to use
:sort "_doc" instead.

Just offering FYI.  I'm fairly new to both Elasticsearch and Elastisch, so I only hope these are useful tidbits.

Josh Tilles

Jun 2, 2016, 3:24:01 PM6/2/16
to clojure-elasticsearch
Dave,

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll make a GitHub issue for this, unless someone beats me to it.

Btw, it looks like it’s been deprecated since 2.1: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/2.3/breaking_21_search_changes.html#_literal_search_type_scan_literal_deprecated