breaking changes in current master tip [June 20-2016]

Dave Tenny

Jun 20, 2016, 10:39:21 AM6/20/16
to clojure-elasticsearch
I did a pull on master today and notice it's breaking existing code in my ES 2.3 client.

For example, changes to native/index.clj and create-template:

-  [^Client conn ^String index-name & args]
+  ([^Client conn ^String index-name opts]

result in my calls full of k/v pairs now getting invalid number of arg exceptions.

Should I be concerned?  Is the plan to keep this change and break existing code?

Josh Tilles

Jun 20, 2016, 10:43:19 AM6/20/16
to clojure-elasticsearch
Yes, this was an intentional breaking change; see issue #215 and pull request #220.

Dave Tenny

Jun 20, 2016, 10:44:42 AM6/20/16
to clojure-elasticsearch
The clojars released 3.0.0-beta1 release doesn't have this breakage fortunately, so I'll use that for now.