Cider warning post 0.3.25

Peter Fraenkel

Feb 21, 2017, 1:30:59 PM2/21/17
to core.typed

When a project has a dependency on versions of core.typed 0.3.26 or later, cider will generate a warning on startup:

       "WARNING: CIDER's version (0.14.0) does not match cider-nrepl's version (nil). Things will break!”.

The same thing happens with later versions of cider as well.  This was reported to me as a problem with squiggly clojure, but the problem can be replicated with only the dependency on typed.  It doesn't appear that things in fact do break, and you can verify from lein deps or cider.nrepl.version/version that the version is in fact correct.  The logic by which cider decides what version of cider-nrepl it thinks it's running is not clear to me.

Is this a known problem?  I am wondering if it has anything to do with AOT?

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Feb 21, 2017, 2:06:34 PM2/21/17
to core.typed
Try using

   :classifier "slim"

in the core.typed dep to remove AOT files. Does that help?

Peter Fraenkel

Feb 21, 2017, 4:35:05 PM2/21/17
to core.typed
That "fixes" the problem, so my unfounded intuition that AOT was involved seems to be correct.  I still have no idea why....

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Feb 21, 2017, 4:40:52 PM2/21/17
to core.typed
Where does this error message originate?