Turning on compression

G Gordon Worley III

Jun 11, 2014, 1:11:23 PM6/11/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
After including the Snappy library in the project, does anything need to be done to tell Cassaforte to use it? I don't see any indication of an ability to control this feature in Cassaforte, but looking at the reference for the DataStax driver it seems this is an option that needs to be turned on and is off by default.

Thanks!

-- Gordon

Alex P

Jul 8, 2014, 12:40:48 PM7/8/14
to clojure-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gordon,

You're right, there's no option for compression in Cassaforte and adding Snappy is not enough.
You could contribute a PR, if you wish. Should be quite a small configuration change, we should employ `withCompression` from Cluster.java and make it all configurable, that's pretty much it :)

Thank you
Alex