Sample apps?

Andre Van Der Merwe

Dec 28, 2013, 3:36:42 AM12/28/13
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does anyone know of or have some sample apps that they would be willing to share? I've read the great tutorial at https://github.com/krisc/events/blob/master/tutorial.md but would love a few more sample apps to see how everything works.

Thanks.

Andre.

Pete Doherty

Mar 28, 2015, 4:49:15 AM3/28/15
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone come across or released any other sample projects in the intervening 1.5 years?

Alexander Yakushev

Mar 28, 2015, 4:51:49 AM3/28/15
to clojure...@googlegroups.com

There is https://github.com/alexander-yakushev/foreclojure-android, it's not as sample, but this is a finished application that uses most of the latest idiomatic techniques. I maintain the list of all known applications here: http://clojure-android.info/#apps

Pete Doherty

Mar 28, 2015, 10:31:20 AM3/28/15
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Perfect.

Thanks - again - Alexander!

{
    "name": "Pete Doherty",
    "email": "pdohe...@gmail.com",
    "phone": "347.552.5753",
    "twitter": "pdoherty926",
    "linkedin": "linkedin.com/in/pdoherty926"
}

John Wiseman

Mar 28, 2015, 10:50:43 AM3/28/15
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
I wrote shrimpdroid, which is an app for flying the Parrot AR.Drone:

It's my first Android app, and there were two learning curves: Android, and Clojure-on-Android.  E.g. it took me a long time to figure out just how to successfully load my project without blowing the stack, which I finally worked around in what feels like a very ad hoc way: Watching to see what was being require'd when the stack was exhausted, and writing some java code to pre-require that namespace, deep in the require tree.  Often that would still blow the stack and I'd have to repeat and subdivide, requiring smaller chunks near the leaves of the require tree.  You can see what I ended up with at https://github.com/wiseman/shrimpdroid/blob/master/src/java/com/lemondronor/shrimpdroid/SplashActivity.java#L67

One thing I didn't know how to do was render the h.264 video frames streaming back from the drone; If anyone has any pointers on doing that in Android I'd love to hear them.

John

Inline image 1

Alexander Yakushev

Mar 28, 2015, 10:57:54 AM3/28/15
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
John,

Have you tried increasing the stack size for that thread in SplashActivity that loads Clojure? Should be as easy as replacing

new Thread(new Runnable() {...} ).start()

with:

new Thread(Thread.currentThread().getThreadGroup(),
                   new Runnable() {...},
                   "thread name",
                   1048576 // = 1MB, thread stack size in bytes
                   ).start();

On Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 3:36:42 AM UTC-5, Andre Van Der Merwe wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know of or have some sample apps that they would be willing to share? I've read the great tutorial at https://github.com/krisc/events/blob/master/tutorial.md but would love a few more sample apps to see how everything works.

Thanks.

Andre.

shrimpdroid-s.png

thomas

Mar 28, 2015, 7:47:27 PM3/28/15
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

maybe you might to consider our game bounce away to your list of Clojure Apps for Android?
App Store link is

I also give a small sample application on github:

cheers,
thomas

On 28 Mar 2015, at 15:57, Alexander Yakushev <al...@bytopia.org> wrote:

[...]

<shrimpdroid-s.png>

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM, Pete Doherty <pdohe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone come across or released any other sample projects in the intervening 1.5 years?

On Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 3:36:42 AM UTC-5, Andre Van Der Merwe wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know of or have some sample apps that they would be willing to share? I've read the great tutorial at https://github.com/krisc/events/blob/master/tutorial.md but would love a few more sample apps to see how everything works.

Thanks.

Andre.

<shrimpdroid-s.png>

John Wiseman

Mar 30, 2015, 3:36:27 PM3/30/15
to clojure...@googlegroups.com
Alexander, I had run across that technique but for some reason I convinced myself it wouldn't help.  Your post motivated me to try it, and it seems to have worked perfectly.  Thank you!