[ANN] Clojars 133 - login with GitLab.com; deploy audit log

Toby Crawley

Apr 11, 2021, 9:44:07 AM4/11/21
to clojars-maintainers
Hi folks!

Clojars 133 was just released, and includes the following changes since 129:

- You can now login via GitLab.com as long as the primary email address on your GitLab.com account matches your Clojars.org account email. This will automatically create two verified groups for you that you can use to deploy new projects if you like: com.gitlab.<clojars-username> and io.gitlab.<clojars-username>.
- There is now a crude audit log of deploy activity that will show on your dashboard, group pages, and project pages. The dashboard will only show your activity, where the group and project pages will show all activity for that group or project version if you have deploy rights to the group. We only persist the logs for 30 days. The logs are useful to know why a deploy failed since we can no longer return useful context to the deploying client due to https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/issues/774

Example of the audit log from my dashboard:

Note that on April 18th we will be *removing* the ability to create new, non-verified groups and the the ability to deploy a *new* project to a non-verified group. See https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/wiki/Verified-Group-Names for more details.

Changelogs: