[ANN] Clojars 105 - deploy tokens and a finished aws transition

Toby Crawley

May 3, 2020, 7:46:17 PM5/3/20
to clojars-maintainers
Howdy folks!

Since my last announcement, we have finished moving Clojars over to
AWS. We've also fixed a couple of bugs and added a new feature.

Bug fixes:

- All artifacts in a deploy are now purged from fastly. This fixes an
issue where an version could bed requested before it existed, causing
fastly to cache the 404 for ~24 hours, making the new release
unavailable to some users depending on geographic region
(https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/issues/746)
- The group management page wasn't properly displaying admins since
the switch to postgresql

New features:

Deploy tokens! You can now create deploy tokens and use them in place
of passwords when deploying. The plan is to make these the only way to
deploy some time in the future, but we want them to get a bit of use
first. We also plan to add recognition of Clojars tokens to GitHub's
token scanning system, and set up an endpoint where they can notify us
of compromised tokens that will disable the token and notify you (if
it was your token, of course). Please give them a try and provide any
feedback at https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/issues/726

Lastly, the AWS transition is complete. You can see a diagram of the
current architecture here:
https://github.com/clojars/clojars-server-config#system-diagram

Changelogs:
- The clojars-web repo: https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/compare/101...105