[ANN] Clojars 145

Toby Crawley

Sep 13, 2021, 8:54:31 AM9/13/21
to clojars-maintainers
Ahoyhoy!

I've been remiss in doing release announcements. We've had the following changes since Clojars 133:

- Disabling group creation deploy and deploys of new projects to non-verified groups (announced separately in [1])
- A fix for when a github/gitlab username had uppercase characters. This manifested as default groups created with `com.github.UserName` instead of `com.github.username`
- Updates to the SYSADMIN[2] file to reflect the current state of Clojars
- Modernization of the gradle coordinates (thanks JohnnyJayJay[3]!)
- Deploy tokens can now be created for a group that doesn't yet have any jars
- New passwords are now limited to 256 characters to avoid a denial of service avenue
- The Clubhouse sponsorship logo has been updated, since they changed their name[4] (thanks Timothy Pratley[5], and thanks to Shortcut for their continued sponsorship!)
- We now link to the tree for a commit or tag instead of just the released commit to make it easier to browse changes in the release (note that this may be an invalid link to any provider other than GitHub or GitLab)
- We now properly link the SCM URL to any VCS provider instead of just GitHub

[1]: https://groups.google.com/g/clojars-maintainers/c/6vO2MPkZCDA/m/HW2WWt6GAQAJ
[2]: https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/blob/main/SYSADMIN.md
[3]: https://github.com/JohnnyJayJay
[4]: https://shortcut.com/blog/clubhouse-changing-our-name-to-shortcut