[ANN] Clojars 79

Toby Crawley

Dec 31, 2019, 9:27:07 AM12/31/19
to clojars-maintainers
We just released Clojars 79. The primary change in this release is
switching from sqlite to postgres. There shouldn't be any user-facing
changes with this - if you do see odd behavior, please let us know.

Moving to postgres is a part of improving the security of Clojars,
since it is a step on the path towards making the server itself
ephemeral, allowing us to replace it frequently to include security
updates. There is still a bit of work to do here (the largest tasks
being removing the on-disk repo [1][2] and reworking the maven indexer
to index the cloudfiles repo[3]) which we hope to get to in the coming
weeks.

This release also includes an updated gpg key for reporting security
issues (linked from https://clojars.org/security, the old one had
expired).

See https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/compare/77...79 for the
full list of commits in this release.

As always, let us know if you have any issues.

- Toby

[1]: https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/issues/734
[2]: https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/issues/735
[3]: https://github.com/clojars/clojars-web/issues/737